X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post
    Im on 2nd draw, hoping for a miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me and you both Danny! I've got a reputation to uphold and I can do that from the green screen!

Comment

No offense, but I highly doubt that four wheeler idea is going to fly.In fact, I'd confidently say it won't. Don't get your hopes up.
      If they won't allow a Refuge gasoline pick up truck in a unit to retrieve a nilgai during hunting hours, I don't see them letting a 1 of 750(250) hunters use a 4-wheeler as a means of access. Medical release or not.
      Last edited by Mr. Public; 08-18-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Would y’all recommend a tripod over a pop up blind?

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          No offense, but I highly doubt that four wheeler idea is going to fly.In fact, I'd confidently say it won't. Don't get your hopes up.
          If they won't allow a Refuge gasoline pick up truck in a unit to retrieve a nilgai during hunting hours, I don't see them letting a 1 of 750(250) hunters use a 4-wheeler as a means of access. Medical release or not.
          A few years back, there was one gentlemen who used a 4 wheeler but he was restricted on what roads he could use it on. He could not use it for cross country purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Would y’all recommend a tripod over a pop up blind?

I've never used a pop up out there, but have used several heights of tripods without spooking animals.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              I've never used a pop up out there, but have used several heights of tripods without spooking animals.

Trying to think of what would be best for hauling/concealment.

Comment

I hear of a lot of folks using aluminum tripods that can be thrown over the shoulder or pulled easily in a bike trailer.

Comment

Yes. Will be there 16 also.

Comment

Just paid for the permit. Didn't want to do what I did last year and lose the hunt!

Comment

Lots of TBH folks gonna be down there. We'll need to have a GTG sometime down there.

Comment

Good luck to everyone. I will see at orientation.

Comment

Trying to think of what would be best for hauling/concealment.

I'm having the same thought process. The tripod is a great idea since stalking would be near impossible with all the bodies around. I don't want to blow someone else's cover or sit. I read someone mention 8' tripods, I've only seen and found 10'. Is that a custom build height?
                          The bike also seems a great idea, but maintenance and punctures don't seem worth the extra time spent getting it right.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                            I'm having the same thought process. The tripod is a great idea since stalking would be near impossible with all the bodies around. I don't want to blow someone else's cover or sit. I read someone mention 8' tripods, I've only seen and found 10'. Is that a custom build height?
                            The bike also seems a great idea, but maintenance and punctures don't seem worth the extra time spent getting it right.
                            I would highly recommend the sit approach. You will make a lot people angry by walking around during hunting hours.

I have a 6 foot Breakdown triptop that I had built for laguna, but I found it easier to walk around with a chair and set up along a trail than haul around a tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                              I would highly recommend the sit approach. You will make a lot people angry by walking around during hunting hours.

I have a 6 foot Breakdown triptop that I had built for laguna, but I found it easier to walk around with a chair and set up along a trail than haul around a tripod.

Think I’m gonna end up doing that. Find a chair it’s comfortable to shoot a bow out of lol.

Comment

Think I’m gonna end up doing that. Find a chair it’s comfortable to shoot a bow out of lol.

I'm to big for a tripod, so I'll need to figure out ground cover and a chair.

Comment

Working...
                                X