Shot a buck this evening, is it liver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a buck this evening, is it liver?

Shot a buck this evening dark blood no guts that I can see. Decent blood on ground didn’t look for him hoping it was lethal. Here’s a pic of arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be down.

Comment

I’m not seeing reason for concern, why do you suspect liver?

Comment

How much time you giving it?

Comment

Nut shot.

Comment

Wait an hour and go get your deer.

Comment

Go get him

Comment

Looks good to me. Patience.

Comment

I don’t see anything concerning but didn’t see the shot either. If you have doubt wait it out. Did you follow the path he ran at all to see if you had a blood trail?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

My string clipped my jacket sleeve and I hit about 4” back from where I was aiming he jumped and ran about 30 yds and stood there then walked into the brush. I grabbed my arrow and it was covered in the blood you can see. I followed good blood about 20yds but heard a deer bound off.. might have been another deer but I wasn’t sure so I backed out. I’ve never had a deer react that way. I shot him with a mega meat and all blades were deployed so I’m hopeful. Everything I read about liver is 6-8 hour wait….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With that being said with the cold temps wait till the morning if your not afraid of the little song dogs.

Comment

I think liver would be darker but I don’t see lung bubbles either so time won’t hurt in these temps

Comment

Shoulda got lungs with that mega. I shot my buck middle
                          Middle with them and got lungs and liver. He went 60 yards

I think your good and he’s dead, your blood is brighter than mine was

Comment

My arrow for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have had a mule deer, two whitetails, and my caribou have that same reaction.

Was his tail up or down? In my experiences that is the litmus test more often than not for a fatal shot. My biggest buck I heart shot, he ran about 20-25, stopped and stood there for 20 sec then walked off into the brush where he died right past the brush line. By the looks of your arrow it's a dead deer by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X