Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #1
1riot1ranger
Ten Point
 
1riot1ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Gillespie County
Default Game Warden Visit

Had a visit from local Game Warden this weekend. Nothing unusual about that except in 40+ years of hunting I've never had one come onto my private property to check us. I'm not complaining about that either. We had a good visit, all was well, and we parted on friendly terms.

What made me wonder about this visit is the new Digital Licenses and tags. I'm using the digital license and submitted info, including a precise pin to my location, and tagged following directions. Game Warden shows up and wants to see the head and confirm if a number is attached to it. I wonder if the digital license tag got me the warden visit. Anyone else with digital license have an unusual visit?
1riot1ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:11 PM   #2
fish4food
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Calhoun County
Default

You probably just let him know where a camp was at in the last 40+ years he had no idea about.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #3
SanSaba007
Ten Point
 
SanSaba007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Think I will stay with the hard copy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanSaba007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
waterdog
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

buckle up this will go 2 pages +.
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #5
BlessedVeteran0305
Ten Point
 
BlessedVeteran0305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: NDFW
Hunt In: Hunting for a place to hunt
Default

Hard copy for me thanks.
BlessedVeteran0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #6
Hoytbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Hoytbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSaba007 View Post
Think I will stay with the hard copy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iím heading, this is the last year for paper.
Hoytbowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:20 PM   #7
Colton
Pope & Young
 
Colton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

This should be civil
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:21 PM   #8
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
Had a visit from local Game Warden this weekend. Nothing unusual about that except in 40+ years of hunting I've never had one come onto my private property to check us. I'm not complaining about that either. We had a good visit, all was well, and we parted on friendly terms.

What made me wonder about this visit is the new Digital Licenses and tags. I'm using the digital license and submitted info, including a precise pin to my location, and tagged following directions. Game Warden shows up and wants to see the head and confirm if a number is attached to it. I wonder if the digital license tag got me the warden visit. Anyone else with digital license have an unusual visit?

First year on new place, so nothing to gauge by, but also did digital license and had a visit
Nothing tagged digitally yet so more than likely coincidence
Very nice guy, the kids got a kick out of him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:23 PM   #9
toledo
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: the road by your lease
Default

You should have asked him.

So the digital tag requires you to provide the exact location of every deer killed? Only reason they could want that would be for enforcement purposes.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:30 PM   #10
hogslayer78
Pope & Young
 
hogslayer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Porter Trash
Hunt In: San Augustine
Default

I have a hard copy but I have a question for you guys with the digital. Are the tag numbers issued to you already at the time of purchase? Do you have to enter it at time of kill and get the number? What if you dont have cell service at your lease?
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:30 PM   #11
Evolver
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: West and Panhandle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
Iím heading, this is the last year for paper.
That might be hard to enforce when there is still a whole lot of TX where some of us are hunting without cell service. Not to mention creating a legal requirement to own / be in possession of a cell phone in order to hunt.
Evolver is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:31 PM   #12
bowhuntingw
Ten Point
 
bowhuntingw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
Had a visit from local Game Warden this weekend. Nothing unusual about that except in 40+ years of hunting I've never had one come onto my private property to check us. I'm not complaining about that either. We had a good visit, all was well, and we parted on friendly terms.

What made me wonder about this visit is the new Digital Licenses and tags. I'm using the digital license and submitted info, including a precise pin to my location, and tagged following directions. Game Warden shows up and wants to see the head and confirm if a number is attached to it. I wonder if the digital license tag got me the warden visit. Anyone else with digital license have an unusual visit?
GWs cant see the location. Digital tag requires more out of the hunter than paper. You need a charged phone, cell signal, rememebering to initate the tag if you don't have signal and then completing tag when you do have signal and then you still have to attach the confirmation number legably on a durable piece of material. paper tags are much simplier. Maybe the state is trying to appease to the generations that grew up on a cell phones, not sure. yeah this thread can grow a lot as mentioned above, especially when people start questioning GWs authority, but him showing up on private land in the state of Texas to check tagging compliance on a deer is part of the job and written into law. I hope he was friendly.
bowhuntingw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:32 PM   #13
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young
 
SCREAMINREELS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo View Post
You should have asked him.

So the digital tag requires you to provide the exact location of every deer killed? Only reason they could want that would be for enforcement purposes.
Not exact location. I donít have it but considered it for convenience. Warden stopped by our place to check on us and we asked him about it as a lot of areas we hunt may not have service. Said itís mainly to make sure for game laws so more so make sure itís tagged accordingly. Said you can just write bumbler on paper or duct tape and for location itís more to make sure youíre abiding by county restrictions so if you have to do it when you get to a gas station in town itís fine as long as he can see you started it already apparently can tell when you start filling it out etc. Iím curious about it. Said this is kind of a trial and we will eventually go 100% digital and get rid of the old paper tags
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:02 PM   #14
Anvilheadtexas
Associate Sponsor
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Polk County
Default

If you shoot a deer off your wife’s tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the East Tx people.
Anvilheadtexas is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:14 PM   #15
mzurovec
Ten Point
 
mzurovec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Burnet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilheadtexas View Post
if you shoot a deer off your wifeís tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the east tx people.
😂😂😂😂
mzurovec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:16 PM   #16
highspeed
Ten Point
 
highspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
If you shoot a deer off your wifeís tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the East Tx people.
😂 You think East Tx people use tags 😂
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:17 PM   #17
Strummer
Pope & Young
 
Strummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edna Tx
Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
If you shoot a deer off your wifeís tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the East Tx people.

I was wondering if they had daylight tags and night time tags ?
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #18
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
That might be hard to enforce when there is still a whole lot of TX where some of us are hunting without cell service. Not to mention creating a legal requirement to own / be in possession of a cell phone in order to hunt.
Exactly. What law says that I have to have a cell phone in order to hunt?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #19
Flint knapper
Pope & Young
 
Flint knapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Olney Tx
Hunt In: Young/Archer Co.
Default

Hard copy for me!

Let him know that in the future that I would expect him to show up when I'm not hunting!
Flint knapper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:36 PM   #20
Jon B
Pope & Young
 
Jon B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Tx.
Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
If you shoot a deer off your wifeís tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the East Tx people.

East TX people buy a license?
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #21
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

My grandson will be 3 next season. Do I need to buy him a cell phone to tag his deer when he kills his buck on youth weekend with my 7mag?





3 seems a bit young for a phone.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 08:58 PM   #22
SCHC
Four Point
 
SCHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: McLennan Co.
Hunt In: McLennan Co. & Falls Co. in a Leaky T-Box
Default

I believe one of the main reasons for the push to digital is cost. No more providing the machines to print the license or material for it. No more “lost my license” for the people who run out of tags. I would not doubt there is some type of geolocation software it installs on your phone to see where you are if they want - maybe tin foil hat, maybe not. Paper for me till the end.

Last edited by SCHC; 11-06-2022 at 09:20 PM.
SCHC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:32 PM   #23
LWD
Ten Point
 
LWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Euless
Hunt In: Young County and anywhere else I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
East TX people buy a license?
I didnít think I needed one to spotlight.
LWD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:33 PM   #24
jdg13
Ten Point
 
jdg13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Someplace, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHC View Post
I believe one of the main reasons for the push to digital is cost. No more providing the machines to print the license or material for it. No more “lost my license” for the people who run out of tags.
It's all about saving money and making everything "easy" so there's no excuses. No license to print (state saves $), no log on the back to fill out (because that seems impossible for so many, but everyone can use a phone). Saves money on the front and makes it easier to make more on the back.
jdg13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #25
HogHunter34
Pope & Young
 
HogHunter34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troup, TX
Hunt In: Anderson County
Default

I tag mine…with a 150 grain round
HogHunter34 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:49 PM   #26
tps7742
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Hunt In: East tx
Default

So GWs walking onto your private property because they feel like it.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #27
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7742 View Post
So GWs walking onto your private property because they feel like it.
Thatís the way the law is at the present time. That doesnít mean it is constitutional. Hopefully it will get challenged one day and the courts will rule against that practice. Same with them being able to search your cooler and stuff without your permission or a search warrant.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 09:58 PM   #28
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch Counties
Default

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conse...-trail-cameras
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:04 PM   #29
sasqy
Ten Point
 
sasqy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: on Salt Creek
Hunt In: my Sasquatch Suit
Default

Democrats trying to keep tabs on you !
sasqy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #30
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Make him a cup of coffee and a sammich.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:30 PM   #31
OldRiverRat
Pope & Young
 
OldRiverRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deer Park, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Iím not in favor of it, I got the hard copy but I donít how this is much different than Oklahomaís process. When you kill a dear you have to call in and register the kill within 24 hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:36 PM   #32
Briar Friar
Pope & Young
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4food View Post
You probably just let THE STATE know where a camp was at in the last 40+ years he had no idea about.
Slow clap.

Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-06-2022 at 10:40 PM. Reason: THESTATESpake
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:38 PM   #33
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
Iím not in favor of it, I got the hard copy but I donít how this is much different than Oklahomaís process. When you kill a dear you have to call in and register the kill within 24 hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Missouri as well but never had the skunk marshall show up after a telecheck.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:45 PM   #34
Duckologist
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Same with them being able to search your cooler and stuff without your permission or a search warrant.
False

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:56 PM   #35
toledo
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: the road by your lease
Default

So with electronic license, do you have to keep your phone on you at all times? When Im duck hunting, it usually stays in the boat or truck which can be a long ways away. Hell, Ive got an old phone with a battery that's dead half the time.
toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 10:59 PM   #36
tvc184
Pope & Young
 
tvc184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Golden Triangle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Exactly. What law says that I have to have a cell phone in order to hunt?
None.

YetÖ.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 06:42 AM   #37
rtjh
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Why do they want the exact kill location if they're supposedly not going to do anything with it.....

Seems fishy to me. I'll keep the paper license.
rtjh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:07 AM   #38
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
False

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Sec. 12.104. RIGHT TO SEARCH AND INSPECT. (a) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may search a game bag, vehicle, vessel, or other receptacle if the game warden or peace officer has a reasonable, articulable suspicion that the game bag, vehicle, vessel, or receptacle contains a wildlife resource that has been unlawfully killed or taken.
(b) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may inspect a wildlife resource or a part or product of a wildlife resource that is discovered during a search under Subsection (a) of this section.
(c) In this section "wildlife resource" means an animal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, or other aquatic life the taking or possession of which is regulated in any manner by this code
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #39
oneeye
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Up North
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
My grandson will be 3 next season. Do I need to buy him a cell phone to tag his deer when he kills his buck on youth weekend with my 7mag?





3 seems a bit young for a phone.
Awesome!
oneeye is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:39 AM   #40
huntandfishguy6
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default

Big Brother Watching !
huntandfishguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:43 AM   #41
DedDuk
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Onalaska
Hunt In: Bermuda Triangle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Sec. 12.104. RIGHT TO SEARCH AND INSPECT. (a) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may search a game bag, vehicle, vessel, or other receptacle if the game warden or peace officer has a reasonable, articulable suspicion that the game bag, vehicle, vessel, or receptacle contains a wildlife resource that has been unlawfully killed or taken.
(b) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may inspect a wildlife resource or a part or product of a wildlife resource that is discovered during a search under Subsection (a) of this section.
(c) In this section "wildlife resource" means an animal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, or other aquatic life the taking or possession of which is regulated in any manner by this code
So, green jeans checks you. You show him license, weapon, place you killed animal. Does he have reasonable, articulable suspicion that the wildlife resource was unlawfully killed or taken?
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:46 AM   #42
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

Any confirmation when or if they will really go digital only and ho paper tags?
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 07:48 AM   #43
Buckshot-73
Pope & Young
 
Buckshot-73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burleson
Hunt In: Whitney and Glen Rose
Default

Jiminy Christmas, I canít believe we went two weeks without a good ole GW bashing thread.

Yea.
Buckshot-73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #44
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX mostly in the Doghouse
Hunt In: My Truck at night.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedDuk View Post
So, green jeans checks you. You show him license, weapon, place you killed animal. Does he have reasonable, articulable suspicion that the wildlife resource was unlawfully killed or taken?
That was my question. So much for innocent until proven guilty. I've had them step on my boat and go straight to the live well, then ask to see all my other stuff. Guess I just looked suspicious to them.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #45
FCoDxDart
Six Point
 
FCoDxDart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Searching...
Default

I'm not bashing game wardens here, but if you ask a game warden about how it works on the back end and you think he's telling you everything, you're being naive.
FCoDxDart is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #46
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Sec. 12.104. RIGHT TO SEARCH AND INSPECT. (a) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may search a game bag, vehicle, vessel, or other receptacle if the game warden or peace officer has a reasonable, articulable suspicion that the game bag, vehicle, vessel, or receptacle contains a wildlife resource that has been unlawfully killed or taken.
(b) A game warden or other peace officer commissioned by the department may inspect a wildlife resource or a part or product of a wildlife resource that is discovered during a search under Subsection (a) of this section.
(c) In this section "wildlife resource" means an animal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, or other aquatic life the taking or possession of which is regulated in any manner by this code
This was all covered in another thread that went on for days.

The key word in that statute is MAY not SHALL. Words mean things. He cant just come in and start throwing lids of coolers for no reason.

No one remembers the dead owl story from yesteryear? Where the guy posted a pic online of an owl that he hit with his truck alongside with dead ducks for the day. GW showed up and wanted to search his house and he told them to pound sand. No warrant, no entry?

They left. Granted they came back with a warrant but the bottom line is the still have the follow the 4th
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 09:07 AM   #47
TxBowHntr
Eight Point
 
TxBowHntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Hunt In: Lee, Bee, Nueces, Uvalde
Default

I think the main reason they are pushing for digital licenses is so they have the data. With hard tags, they have no visibility to any of the game harvested. With digital licenses, they will have some of that data and, theoretically, could use it to better manage the herd.
TxBowHntr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 09:32 AM   #48
Spearchunker
Ten Point
 
Spearchunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Collin County
Default

Crazy how much they don't know. I invited one to our 12k acres in Childress. He had no idea we were there. Camp is at least 40 years old.
Spearchunker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #49
DedDuk
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Onalaska
Hunt In: Bermuda Triangle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchunker View Post
Crazy how much they don't know. I invited one to our 12k acres in Childress. He had no idea we were there. Camp is at least 40 years old.
Never invite GW to camp. If he's coming, he's gonna have to find it on his own.
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2022, 09:48 AM   #50
tdwinklr
Ten Point
 
tdwinklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Leonard, TX
Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
This was all covered in another thread that went on for days.

The key word in that statute is MAY not SHALL. Words mean things. He cant just come in and start throwing lids of coolers for no reason.

No one remembers the dead owl story from yesteryear? Where the guy posted a pic online of an owl that he hit with his truck alongside with dead ducks for the day. GW showed up and wanted to search his house and he told them to pound sand. No warrant, no entry?

They left. Granted they came back with a warrant but the bottom line is the still have the follow the 4th

this.
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com