Rural land question for the SMEs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural land question for the SMEs

When looking at a piece of property in a rural area, how do you determine if the property is land locked, or if there is an easement to allow access?

Would that information be on the county plot map\ property tax map?

Mine has it on the surveys of each one. Would they be at the records office for the county where they record the land plats? I am not sure on the county tax map.
    Last edited by tps7742; 11-02-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

If it’s landlocked and listed with an agent I would think that would have to be disclosed

Comment

Survey. The more current the better!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Survey. The more current the better!
          This. You might also be able to tell by reading the legal description in the deed. If it is a metes and bounds legal description and it ties in to a public road, or if it contains an easement that ties in to a public road, then there is likely access.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            If it’s landlocked and listed with an agent I would think that would have to be disclosed

Should have clarified, i'm doing a search on properties that aren't listed.

Comment

In the small county I live in you can access this information at the County Clerk’s office. Larger counties may have these records online.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                When looking at a piece of property in a rural area, how do you determine if the property is land locked, or if there is an easement to allow access?

Would that information be on the county plot map\ property tax map?
                it would be visible on the GIS map. if a road is touching it, it's not land locked, you can sometimes see the in field road(although it may be an easement) driving up to a property with no frontage. but if it is an owned road from the main public road, sometimes it is in the plat and visible in the property outline. and easement will not be outlined, because it is not part of the aforementioned property.

Comment

I would say go to the county and actually ask the question.

Comment

Working...
                  X