Mr. Public Made the News[emoji28][emoji1787]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Public Made the News[emoji28][emoji1787]

A College Station football fan and hunter was seen safely removing a possum from inside the stadium Saturday night.

A friend called and said he had an extra ticket to the Aggie Game. I was likely going to hunt some private land near by out of boredom. I decided I need a change of scenery and socializing, why not go!

I had no clue the tickets were on the 50yd line of the Legacy Club.

Upon arriving, I soak up the new Kyle Field Stadium in awe. Feeling very out of place. I haven’t been around that many that people in a long time.

On our way to our seat, a man that I recognized came into the club suite. Former President of Chevron, stated there was a opossum in his seats! I addressed him by name and he remembered me. I asked him how his family was and then I said, “I’ll get it. Where is it at?”

Snagged the marsupial eating some popcorn!(I’m not against baiting). Carried it into the Legacy suite and people went bonkers.
    I just kept asking staff where was an exit. I had no clue how to navigate it, much-less with a ticked off opossum amongst thousands of people.

Finally a Food & Beverage Director got me to an exit, we went down 5 flights of stairs. Exited Kyle Field, CSPD stopped traffic, all to allow me to cross with the animal and release it across Wellborn road.

I was rewarded with a drinks and food and a sweet Aggie Yeti along with my comrad, Maurice. Game was good game, Ole Miss took the W. I’ve never been a big sports fan, outdoors has always occupied my life. It was the most exciting game I’ve ever attended without the critter.

Just thought I’d share the silliness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty funny. Job well done.

Comment

“the most successful public lands hunter ever.” Lmao.. did you really tell them that ??

Comment

That’s awesome. I thought opossum was some code name for something else. You never know here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Greatness

Comment

A country boy can survive. Way to go Mr Public!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
              “the most successful public lands hunter ever.” Lmao.. did you really tell them that ??
              He didn't tell them that. The Athens Review said that when they named him "Mr. Public", in an article, for taking more animals in the TPWD draw system than anyone else. You gotta read man.

https://www.athensreview.com/sports/...b3d34f83b.html

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                He didn't tell them that. The Athens Review said that when they named him "Mr. Public", in an article, for taking more animals in the TPWD draw system than anyone else. You gotta read man.

https://www.athensreview.com/sports/...b3d34f83b.html
                Ok my bad.. I knew he was a successful public land hunter. I didn’t know he was the best ever though

Comment

Nothing but greatness here. You da man.

Comment

Greatness!

Comment

Greatness right there.
                      Way A&M is playing it will probably be a skunk at the next game!

Comment

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Nicely done!

Is removing a possum legal game at Kyle Field?

Comment

Gig Em

Comment

Working...
                              X