Pride got the best of me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pride got the best of me

For the last 6 months my gf has been talking crap about beating me in a foot race. I brushed it off for months. She ran track at Sam Houston and is very competitive/athletic. I don’t know if it was the cooler weather that got me riled up or what but last night was the night. After my brothers football game we lined up on the track and raced. I beat her, but I ended up with a strained hamstring that is locked up tighter than the Mona Lisa. You would think that at 31 years old I’d be smarter

YOU OLD MAN! HAHAHA ENJOY THE HAMSTRING PULL. I bet she's giving you all kinds of grief for that. At least I hope she is.

Comment

Pride got the best of me

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      For the last 6 months my gf has been talking crap about beating me in a foot race. I brushed it off for months. She ran track at Sam Houston and is very competitive/athletic. I don’t know if it was the cooler weather that got me riled up or what but last night was the night. After my brothers football game we lined up on the track and raced. I beat her, but I ended up with a strained hamstring that is locked up tighter than the Mona Lisa. You would think that at 31 years old I’d be smarter

Heck yeah! We even make better Women then they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Black Ice; 10-15-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Right there with ya...was a sprinter in HS (we may still have the 440 relay record) & pulled my hammy sr year & multiple times after. Had to hang it up.

I was about your age when I saw a punk get out of his car & steal my neighbors weed whacker out of his garage...went to cut him off & it popped 10 yards in. Haven't sprinted since.

Comment

I went to Sam, and dated a girl on the track team. We raced one time. That was enough.

Comment

Just have her rub it out for you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing like a fast gal.

Comment

I am sure that the prize for winning was worth it!!

Comment

Last time I tried to sprint I couldn’t walk for a couple weeks. ��

Comment

The only sprinting I do these days is to the bathroom around 2:00am……..and 3:30 and……..

Comment

My youngest daughter is a freshman & one of the fastest in her class. Son is a Sr with decent speed. Two years ago they lined up & she got a step on him
                      Talk about a pride moment for him lol

Comment

If you catch me running, PLEASE shoot whatever is chasing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                          If you catch me running, PLEASE shoot whatever is chasing me.

Same^^^
                          ....or just shoot me and save me some misery!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                            If you think you’re going to be any smarter in 20yrs I have bad news for you.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            Heck yeah! We even make better Women then they do.

Your wife has a..... uhhhhhhh. Nice Adam’s apple.

Comment

She let you win ......

Comment

Working...
                              X