Safety harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety harness

I’ve got a couple ladder stands that are pretty dang up there. I’d feel a lot more comfortable if I had a good harness to keep me in the tree.

What is everyone using or what have you used that you liked.

I use either a Hunter Safety System or a Muddy harness. The Muddy is lighter and smaller, but the HSS is much easier to put on. Basically just a vest with seatbelts around the legs. Plus it has pockets for a phone or whatever.

Comment

Always use a harness! My feet are at 14 ft up. Way too far for my 46 yo body to fall.

I have Muddy and it’s fine. Hopefully I never have to find out how comfortable it is with a fall. But, I know it will hold me.

Again, always use a harness.

Comment

HHS Pro Series. I like having the vest and pockets.

Pro-Series Harness The new Pro-Series is a premium, all season harness combining the latest technology in tree stand safety with classic features that make this harness a fan favorite. Thanks to lightweight fabrics and ventilating mesh, the Pro-Series is 40% lighter than previous models. Hunters will appreciate the com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Summit Pro.

#html-body [data-pb-style=JCLE6UI]{justify-content:flex-start;display:flex;flex-direction:column;background-position:left top;background-size:cover;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:scroll}#html-body [data-pb-style=JCLE6UI],#html-body [data-pb-style=Q8T43FU]{border-style:none;border-width:1px;border-radius:0;margin:0;padding:0} The choice of Lee and Tiffany Lakosky from the Outdoor Channel’s Crush with Lee & Tiffany, Summit’s Pro Safety Harness is a deluxe upgrade from standard harnesses thanks to military-inspired design features that provide supreme comfort and functionality. The padded shoulder straps have a flexible hexagonal pattern and are a favorite among seasoned hunters, and the incorporated MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) system makes attaching your favorite hunting accessories even easier. Another advantage you'll find with this harness over other competitors in the market is our high-performance bungee tether. This makes using your stand even easier; the bungee tether minimizes slack but will elongate to allow for extra travel when needed. More features include a comfort torso strap, quick-lock buckles, lineman’s climbing rope, and a loop at the base of the back that can be used to aid in dragging a deer.

Comment

Following. Any suggestions for a kids harness also?

Comment

HSS makes an awesome adult and youth harness. Not smart hunting from any elevated stand without one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                HSS makes an awesome adult and youth harness. Not smart hunting from any elevated stand without one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  HHS Pro Series. I like having the vest and pockets.

Pro-Series Harness The new Pro-Series is a premium, all season harness combining the latest technology in tree stand safety with classic features that make this harness a fan favorite. Thanks to lightweight fabrics and ventilating mesh, the Pro-Series is 40% lighter than previous models. Hunters will appreciate the com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  This ^^^

Comment

I prefer a rock climbing harness when hunting out of a tree stand. Downside is the connection point is in the front but I always just loosen the tether a little bit so the line stays out of the way and it isn't much of an issue.

This is the one I use.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgMuqVKPch8"]Best rock climbing harness for bow hunters: Black Diamond Alpine Bod - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I like the HSS X-1 or Shadow Harness. They are light, without a lot of bulk. I don't want any extra material than is necessary.

As stated above numerous times, ALWAYS wear a harness. Also, I highly recommend a Lifeline. This way you are always tied off, even when climbing up/down and in/out of the stand. The vast majority of falls happen when transitioning from ladder to stand or stand to ladder.

Comment

I use the HSS. Way better than the nylon belt thing we had back in my early days.

Comment

I liked the Spider harnasses. Minimal and light and easy to put on.

Comment

I wear the muddy

Comment

https://huntersafetysystem.com/colle...shadow-harness

This.. I wear it over my base layers but under whichever jacket I wear that day

Comment

Working...
                              X