Epic Trip to Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Trip to Colorado

Spent several days last week in Colorado fishing, and to say it was epic would be an understatement. Just in two of the days I fished, I caught over 160 fish. Was absolutely incredible. Had to bests for me on the trip as well. First be a new PB on Cutthroat at 19" and had a double on a dry dropper rig of a 20" and 15" rainbow. Can't wait to go back...

Looks like a blast, congrats on what looks like a great trip!

Comment

Great trip! I’m gonna get after them the next couple days here in Estes Park.

Comment

Awesome trip! Can you share details of where you went? Guided or diy?

Comment

Was it guided? Where were you. We are in the Silverthorn area and have fished around Buena Vista to Leadville with not much success.

Comment

Awesome stuff. Always been a bucket list item for me.

Comment

Very nice! Headed to Durango and Ouray end of next week. 4 weights in tow. All help is welcomed.

Comment

Awesome trip!

Comment

Lol.

I got solid money on not guided, all public and places he's been before and mentioned generall areas in the past

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not guided. Areas I have fished before for a few years. Threw a dry dropper rig the whole time with most fish on the nymph. They seemed to like a size 16 bead head pheasant tail green flashback. Fished between South Fork and Lake City.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                      Was it guided? Where were you. We are in the Silverthorn area and have fished around Buena Vista to Leadville with not much success.
                      Well south of Silverthorne. Up there I typically fish the Blue way out of town and go up on the Colorado to walk in areas between Parshall and Kremmling.

Comment

That is a great area. I have been fishing up there since the mid 80s. I hope you avoided the hail storm last week

Comment

Man, no doubt that was a blast
                          Waydago!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                            Not guided. Areas I have fished before for a few years. Threw a dry dropper rig the whole time with most fish on the nymph. They seemed to like a size 16 bead head pheasant tail green flashback. Fished between South Fork and Lake City.
                            I thought some of those hills in the background looked familiar. There is some solid fishing up up there esp if you work a little for it. Nice trip
                            Last edited by Mossback; 07-14-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              Well south of Silverthorne. Up there I typically fish the Blue way out of town and go up on the Colorado to walk in areas between Parshall and Kremmling.
                              Thanks for the info, those are some great pics of some nice fish!

Comment

Working...
                              X