Not missing the heat…….this doesn’t suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not missing the heat…….this doesn’t suck

Third time back to Turks and Caicos. It is officially in our top 2-3 places we have been. May even surprise the wife with a trip back without the boys in late august/early September. This place is killer and I’m more of a mountain person than a beach person. But the beauty and tranquility is unrivaled here.

That’s awesome. We plan on going to T&C on our next beach trip. Have you been in the wintertime? If so, how was it?

Comment

That looks awesome! Great view

Comment

Me too! I have to leave 80 degrees tomorrow here in Kauai and go back home to our lovely 100 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
          That’s awesome. We plan on going to T&C on our next beach trip. Have you been in the wintertime? If so, how was it?

Never been in the winter. Been in April, October and now July. All were awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all have any recommendations on places to stay? Looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
              Never been in the winter. Been in April, October and now July. All were awesome.

Any specific place y’all suggest to stay? Have friends thinking about going there. I’d think they would prefer all inclusive probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                Any specific place y’all suggest to stay? Have friends thinking about going there. I’d think they would prefer all inclusive probably.

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
                Y’all have any recommendations on places to stay? Looks amazing!

We have stayed at several places.

Our first visit we did a villa on Turtle Tail (Villa de Ligera) and had to do our first night in a resort so we stayed at The Palms. The villa was killer and would do that if we had a large group. Up side is the privacy. Downside is that it isn’t on Grace Bay Beach which is consistently ranked one of the (if not THE) best beaches in the world.

Second visit we split time between Alexandra and Somerset. Alexandra is good on a budget but still great and on Grace Bay. Somerset is better in every other way. It is two resorts away from Alexandra so the view of Grace Bay and the beach are the same.

We brought our boys this time (7 and 11) and the choice was easy. Somerset. Their rooms are spacious (we are in a 2 bed, 2.5 bath that is 2,100 sf) and have full living areas and kitchens.

I wouldn’t do all inclusive here. The only option is Beaches. Haven’t heard good things about the food and everything else is just ok. The beach is great though. Still on Grace Bay.

I will say that it isn’t for the faint of heart. It is the most expensive place we have been in the Caribbean as far as restaurants and excursions are concerned. But we always have the taxi stop at the IGA after we leave the airport and grab some breakfast and some lunch options as well as drink options so we don’t have to pay $15 per drink and $200-300 per meal (for 4) all week. I’m cheap like that. [emoji23]

At the end of the day, the only beach type place that we have been that is better would be Musha Cay in the Exumas but that’s not on the menu on a regular basis.

Comment

Looks awesome man, enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                  X