X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retired Deputy Killed in Hunting Accident

My BIL sent me this. Prayers up for the family

Lavaca County Medical Center.
    “The medical staff attempted life-saving procedures, but unfortunately, Mr. Pfeil was pronounced dead at the hospital,” said Harmon.
    Pct. 1 Justice of the Peace Stephen Greenwell conducted the inquest and didn’t order an autopsy.
    Sheriff Harmon said this was simply a horrible mishap.
    “This was just a very tragic accident. There’s absolutely no sign of foul play. There’s no reason to believe this was anything other than a tragic accident.
    "Mr. Pfeil was a member of law enforcement,” Harmon added. “We want his family and his work family to know that they have our sympathies.”
    Pfeil was a current director of Wharton County Electric Co-op. He retired from the Wharton County Sheriff’s Office in 2018 where he had been a deputy since 2006 and a reserve deputy since 1974.
    KULP 106.7 FM & 1390 AM The Texas Legend
    Wharton County Sheriff's Office
    Lavaca County Sheriff's Office

Prayers sent for the family.

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

Prayers up for the family

Comment

oh wow........not good news at all.

Comment

Prayers for all involved but "no autopsy" seems strange.

Comment

Terrible

Comment

Lifelong friends of mine, truly tragic event that breaks my heart.

Comment

Tragic deal. Prayers up for the family and friends

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Prayers for all involved but "no autopsy" seems strange.
                    Why? It does not give the cause of death but clearly states there is no sign of foul play. I would assume he cause of death is known.

Comment

Prayers up for his family.

In the interest of educating and reminding people about safety while outdoors, can someone elaborate on what happened, without going into to much personal detail?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        Prayers up for his family.

In the interest of educating and reminding people about safety while outdoors, can someone elaborate on what happened, without going into to much personal detail?
                        I saw a partial report. The rest was shadowed unless you bought a subscription.

It said that the retired deputy was killed by an accidental discharge fired by a family member who was loading a firearm. That is all that I could get without buying the subscription.

Comment

Many prayers it can sure happen fast so sorry for this family!!

Comment

So very sad. Prayers for everyone close to him and especially the individual that had the gun go off.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
                              X