Cougar/Mountain Lion sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cougar/Mountain Lion sighting

I have a friend hunting near Kennard, Tx that ran up on a cat. He thought it was a mound of dirt but as he approached it the mound moved. Said it was a large cat that looked back and crawled away. He checked out the spot and saw a young deer skeleton. The skin had been removed and the meet was gone. Only the bones in full skeleton was left. He said he saw the muscles on the cat.

Before he saw the cat he heard the Jack kicking and making a fuss. Loud as ever. He walked down to the creek and as he walked out of there that’s when he saw the mound which to him was unusual as the mound of dirt was in a open field with some high grass.

Anyone ever see a cat other than a bobcat in this area?

Disappointed...

I was expecting something else... maybe with pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      Disappointed...

I was expecting something else... maybe with pictures...
      Same x2
      Why these threads pop up every year , it’s like watching oak island

Comment

I think he waiting for a bunch on naysayers to post and then BAMM! ...he's gonna hit us with some photographic evidence! ..wait for it guys i gotta good feeling about this one.

Comment

My little place I hunt close to Latexo we’ve heard a big cat. Never seen one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very possible. Mt lions are not that uncommon and Texas has plenty of prey for them and suitable habitat, heck they will live in edge of towns with enough pets to feed on.
            I've seen I think 3 in the wild, while not hunting them specifically. One was in North Texas and usually they do not stick around long enough for a pic.

Comment

I have one on trail cam. The game warden said it is a “big cat”.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                I have one on trail cam. The game warden said it is a “big cat”.
                now we're talkin....

Comment

Texas is full of mountain lions.

These are confirmed.

Cats don't like to be seen.

They are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    Very possible. Mt lions are not that uncommon and Texas has plenty of prey for them and suitable habitat, heck they will live in edge of towns with enough pets to feed on.
                    I've seen I think 3 in the wild, while not hunting them specifically. One was in North Texas and usually they do not stick around long enough for a pic.
                    I agree I saw one about 5 years ago on our place in Normangee. Everyone said I did not. Last year my cousin saw it too within 100 yards of where I saw it. we have set up cameras all over but have never gotten a picture of it. we have some big cat tracks in the creek bottoms but have only gotten pictures of bobcats in there. My cousin said we cant shoot it. I said yeah OK

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      I agree I saw one about 5 years ago on our place in Normangee. Everyone said I did not. Last year my cousin saw it too within 100 yards of where I saw it. we have set up cameras all over but have never gotten a picture of it. we have some big cat tracks in the creek bottoms but have only gotten pictures of bobcats in there. My cousin said we cant shoot it. I said yeah OK
                      I was told one had been seen around Flynn by different people.
                      I’m not far from Flynn and have never seen one, all the years I hunted all over Texas, I have never seen one.
                      We do have lots of bobcat.

Comment

I been stalked by cougars more than once. But that was a long time ago.

Comment

They have been spotted all over Texas .

Comment

Panther

Comment

Cougar

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              I been stalked by cougars more than once. But that was a long time ago.
                              Dam right

Comment

Working...
                              X