Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up for you and your family.

Comment

Sorry man. That sucks. As a lot of the others have said, the kid is a GameChanger. We did on our own without a lawyer but no kid. Sure it was cheap. But with a kid and your situation, I wouldnt take chances with you kiddo ending up with her and her relapsing again.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough enough being the husband/dad in a divorce. No way I'd do it without a lawyer on my side.

Comment

I haven't been through it but you're crazy if you don't get a good lawyer. Also, get your bank accounts squared away and convert as much as you can to easily hidden cash.

Good luck, man.

Comment

Marriage counseling?

Better or worse

Comment

I recently went through a divorce with a similar aged child and similar duration of the marriage. I STRONGLY agree with the advice given above concerning getting a lawyer.

Best of luck and please try and keep the well-being of your child front and center. The marriage may be over, but you are forever linked as parents.

Comment

Good luck sir.

Just went through one after 5 years myself and we did it without Lawyers. No kids and just a house that we agreed to a number for me to buy her out (house was financed through just me). Smooth process overall I suppose...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    Man, with what you stated I would go the pro bono route and give it a shot if you truly think it can be amicable. You can retain counsel if things don't work out quickly. Just don't do anything stupid during that period.
                    Nice fairytale but get a lawyer and hurry up

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a lawyer and be careful what you share on the Internet. Prayers sent

Comment

Cancel all the cards today. Close bank account today . Get lawyer 8am tomorrow

Comment

Do what your gut tells you. Only you know what has transpired in the 10 years you have been together.

Comment

Get a lawyer. Get any medical records you can get relating to her OD’s and past rehabs . Don’t be nice .

Comment

I suggest getting a lawyer. This lawyer can represent you both on the divorce assuming you agree on everything but will have a primary client. Fees are pretty low in these cases. This will just move the process a little quicker and smoother. Keep it in district court and out of the state ag office as well. The laws are straight forward for custody and support. It just prevents meddling from the state imo. If something slides and goes awry you're still protected with a lawyer and she’ll be forced to get one.

Comment

I hired a feisty red headed female lawyer. Worth every penny!

Comment

Working...
                                X