Video- RACCOON PROBLEM! How to Put a Stop Raccoons to Emptying your Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
    Subscribed to the YouTube channel, had to when you mentioned hog hunting.

Had my best luck using a dry cat food from TSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you Muzzyslingr! I might have to try mixing in some of that cat food as well.

I’m sweating it up in the blind now looking for a hog that’s been on trail cam the past 4 consecutive evenings. Wind is right so we’ll see. Feeder goes off at 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
      Thank you Muzzyslingr! I might have to try mixing in some of that cat food as well.

I’m sweating it up in the blind now looking for a hog that’s been on trail cam the past 4 consecutive evenings. Wind is right so we’ll see. Feeder goes off at 6.

Good luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Good luck man!

Thank you sir. Seen Whitetail & turkeys so far. Fingers crossed [emoji1693].

Comment

Nice video. I need to hit the coons hard pretty quick.

Comment

I'm finally getting around to go out and set my 4 new coon cuff traps, in just a bit.
            I just started my feeder up a few days ago, so I'm sure that the coons have already made themselves at home, as they have in the past, and they are in for a rude awakening. I used a live catch trap and some "sweet syrup" the last couple of years, to get rid of a few coons, but I can't imagine that I'm not fixing to ruin the day for several more of them, with these traps. I'll add any head count to the Coon Carnage thread.
            Fortunately, my hunting spot is only 20 mins from the house, so I go can check it every couple of days. I counted 10 coons on camera at my hunting spot several nights last season, so I'm guessing there's still a bunch around. I picked up some dry cat food at Walmart, so I'm gonna start out by trying that, just to avoid a sticky, ant attracting mess, but I'll go to marshmallows if needed. Stay tuned........

Comment

We are about to have a run on the traps at the lease, that time of the year!! I have one area where there are 8 coons hanging out at one time.

Comment

My 1st results are in...........coon cuffs 4.......coons 0.
                Man, that was awesome.....not for the coons, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
                I set 4 traps out Friday evening, and just went to check on them.
                All 4 traps had a coon. 3 were still alive, but 1 had already expired.
                A .22 pill to their noggin', soon had all 4 of them on equal ground.

I reset the traps, and will check on them tmrw or Tuesday.
                Dry cat food for the win! Easy to bait with and no sticky mess.
                Thanks again Rambow

Comment

Don’t forget to add your numbers to the coon carnage total

Comment

Never mind I see you did! Welcome to the addiction [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                      My 1st results are in...........coon cuffs 4.......coons 0.
                      Man, that was awesome.....not for the coons, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
                      I set 4 traps out Friday evening, and just went to check on them.
                      All 4 traps had a coon. 3 were still alive, but 1 had already expired.
                      A .22 pill to their noggin', soon had all 4 of them on equal ground.

I reset the traps, and will check on them tmrw or Tuesday.
                      Dry cat food for the win! Easy to bait with and no sticky mess.
                      Thanks again Rambow

Nice haul! It use to be frustrating knowing a feeder should last 6-8 weeks but coons previously emptied it in 3 weeks at times.

Satisfying now to watch my cell trail cam pics come in and only 1 coon total out of all 8 trail cams/feeders for weeks now after eliminating those 15 coons. Not one pic of coon actually hanging from feeder cage or climbing feeder leg since.

Comment

catfood is awesome.... until it catches a skunk. been there, done it, twice. no more catfood for me. only mallows when its cool or corn when its hot due to ants also liking mallows.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like there’s gonna have to be another reckoning this weekend. Same feeder as majority were eradicated last time.

Comment

Video- RACCOON PROBLEM! How to Put a Stop Raccoons to Emptying your Feeder

My special guest Lucy @ 01:43 has had the worst case happen to her. I saw her Saturday evening and of course gave her a pass. She left and about an hour later I heard a shot from a bordering ranch, but didn’t see her again.

Last year that same bordering ranch failed on a neck shot at her, but she recovered.

This year they apparently failed at a head shot. Man this sure pains me to see this. I knew she’d get shot eventually, but this just sucks. Obviously their skill level is not adequate for headshots. Wish I were there to finish her, but it’ll be several days. I’m sure there are worse ways to go, but this is right on up there.

Comment

Working...
                            X