Primers-bullets-powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primers-bullets-powder

Seems like out if the above, powders and bullet prices have cooled down. Primers are still the missing link. They never (settled on the $50-60) price projected by many, including myself.

Where do they end up settling? Why is there still a shortage? Opinions

I have a good supply so I haven't been watching lately.

Comment

Not sure but I passed on some small rifle match primers at 9.99 for a sleeve of 100 the other day...

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Scheels had all kinds of primers today, powder not so much

Comment

H4350 is $59.95 for a 1lb out here.

Comment

Originally posted by JuDGe View Post
            H4350 is $59.95 for a 1lb out here.
            That's about double the going rate, where I last bought powder, that's not good.

Comment

The primers are around, don't know why the shelves are not packed with primers right now. There are two new primer companies selling primers, if not three. Then Sellier & Bellot are selling a lot more primers hear, than I have ever seen before. Federal seems to have greatly increased their primer production. I am seeing CCI primers also.

A buddy of mine picked up 3000 primers, for around $60ish a thousand, a few weeks ago. Both Federal and CCI.

I am going to say we still have price gouging going on, with the primers, and likely some of the dealers stashing large quantities, then only putting a few out on the shelf and claiming they still can't get them. My buddy bought the primers he bought at a big chain store, he said they had no limit on the amount you could buy and he said they had a lot of primers in stock.

Other thing that is probably a problem, is many other people, including myself, used to buy primers by the 100, not 1000. So if everyone is buying buy the 1000, then primers are going to get bought up 10 times quicker than in the past.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 11-20-2022, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I saw a pound of RL22 for sale on line for $120, not including hazmat & shipping. Hard pass.
                Some stuff is becoming abundant and some of that is priced reasonably.
                I did pay more for a brick of primers, though. Which I was getting short on.

Comment

Working...
                X