Deboning Deer In Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that just about every hunter that travels to Texas on a plane debones their deer before traveling back or am I wrong on this?
    My uncle does this. He's on a lease with us in Mason County, but lives in Oregon. He spoke with the GW about it, green jeans said it's ok for him to take the deer back to our family house outside of Fredericksburg and debone the deer there, then freeze the meat and fly it back with him to Oregon. The act of taking it from the lease to grandma's in Fredericksburg makes it legal, silly law if you ask me.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that just about every hunter that travels to Texas on a plane debones their deer before traveling back or am I wrong on this?
      I would be carful about interstate game transportation, whatever is a state violation becomes a federal once the state line is crossed
      I might be 100% wrong with this though

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        Still have a hard time with that law too but I do abide by it.
        So if I'm the processor or if my deer camp is my 'final destination' where the deer will be consumed by the whole camp one particular week, who's to say that isn't legal?
        If I process my deer at home and bring some of it to work to give to a coworker am I breaking the law?

Comment

Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
          My uncle does this. He's on a lease with us in Mason County, but lives in Oregon. He spoke with the GW about it, green jeans said it's ok for him to take the deer back to our family house outside of Fredericksburg and debone the deer there, then freeze the meat and fly it back with him to Oregon. The act of taking it from the lease to grandma's in Fredericksburg makes it legal, silly law if you ask me.
          Strange. The lease member I'm talking about is MY uncle who also lives in Oregon. We're in the county right next door.

Comment

Walk in cooler & cold storage log for the win...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Walk in cooler & cold storage log for the win...
              This for me!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                I would be carful about interstate game transportation, whatever is a state violation becomes a federal once the state line is crossed
                I might be 100% wrong with this though
                To become a federal crime there obviously has to be federal code prohibiting the action. I don't believe such code exists.

Comment

So if you are deboning your meat and planning to eat all of it at camp, good to go?

Comment

deboning deer meat

If I process my deer at home and bring some of it to work to give to a coworker am I breaking the law?
                    Not if you give them a "Wildlife Resource Document".

Comment

Hypothetically one could debone, package, and freeze their meat. You could leave some there technically making it the meats final destination, and when you go another place you "occupy" you are now transporting food not wild game.

Comment

You can give some of the meat away as long as you send a "Wildlife Resource Document" with the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                          Not if you give them a "Wildlife Resource Document".

Come on! So youre saying I cant make dried sausage and take it to work to share with friends without giving them a wildlife resource document? I dont believe that can be right…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Come on! So youre saying I cant make dried sausage and take it to work to share with friends without giving them a wildlife resource document? I dont believe that can be right…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            By that time it has reached its final destination. Tagging and wrds are for when carcass and quarters are separated before arriving at their final destinations.
                            Last edited by Sika; 11-15-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

get a walk-in cooler and be done.. simply fix, right?

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                                get a walk-in cooler and be done.. simply fix, right?
                                There's no difference in a house refrigerator and a walk in. From what others are saying the log book makes it legal.

Comment

Working...
                                X