Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling a house(Neighbors think they own the side yard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some needs Leaf Guard Gutters

Comment

the juevos on some people...

Comment

Looks like a good place to put all the dog poop.

Comment

Looks like several potential points of contention in that picture.

Possible side building line encroachment
          Draining water from one property to another
          The obvious fence issue

Does the community have a code enforcement department? If so, check with them re: setbacks, drainage codes, etc. Good luck with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            There usually is for the main structure, but not always flatwork, or things like porches.

They should have to pay to replace the fence, and shouldn't have anything overhanging the property line.

Right… but the neighbor encroaching on the other property is mind boggling, or not, some people are ignorant and just suck.

Comment

There usually is for the main structure, but not always flatwork, or things like porches.

They should have to pay to replace the fence, and shouldn't have anything overhanging the property line.
              This right here, pretty accurate. There could also be an exception for a detached garage that can be built to 3’. That generally requires the face of the garage to be a minimum distance from the extent of the street Right of Way (front property line).

All that said, you can *usually* tell if the side setback is less than 5’ by looking at the side walls of the existing houses. While not always the case, most houses with a less than 5’ setback will have a solid wall on that side of the lot, or simply put, no windows. I have seen some with a 3’ side setback that do have windows on the wall belonging to that side of the lot, but that’s a fairly rare occurrence.

Comment

First house we bought we had it surveyed and the neighbor had put his fence 3 feet into our yard. It got moved...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                  Right… but the neighbor encroaching on the other property is mind boggling, or not, some people are ignorant and just suck.

No doubt. Encroaching on a property line with a fence or tree is one thing, claiming real estate across a fence and all the way to the neighbors house is just stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like the patio concrete is one pour all the way over the property line. WTH makes people think this is ok? I bet this is not going to be fun.

Comment

oh wow...........sometimes I just "dislike" people.........especially stupid people. Get it handled quickly is my only suggestion sir.

Comment

Selling a house(Neighbors think they own the side yard)

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                        It looks like the patio concrete is one pour all the way over the property line. WTH makes people think this is ok? I bet this is not going to be fun.

If that is the case, then we may have reached “next level” stupid.

I’d send them a letter and give 2 weeks, then I’d show up with some 8’ fencing material and a concrete saw.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-09-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

If that is the case, then we may have reached “next level” stupid.

What cracks me up is I’m pretty sure those are bathroom windows. I can just imagine hearing a knock after my morning coffee “Hey neighbor, can you spare a few sheets?”

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                            Seagraves, a tiny little town about an hour southwest of Lubbock.
                            I live in Midland now but grew up close to seagraves. Do they even have a code enforcement office?

Comment

You’d be wasting time with codes, and set-backs…you’ll get nowhere with that in Seagraves Texas. This is a property line issue, and should not take long to clear up.

Comment

Why did you let them do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X