Corn piled under feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn piled under feeder

Acorns are falling there not coming to my feeder is there something I can do
    To bring them
    In to my field

I planted Buck Forage Oats in my Food Plot where my Feeders are located. The deer are not coming to eat corn, but they are grazing in the Oats that are coming up after recent rains. Not sure this helps you this year but I recommend them for next year.

Comment

Will try it next year thank you

Comment

Cut all your’s and your neighbor’s oaks trees down? Burn them?

Comment

Turn your feeder off until all the corn is gone. Then turn it back on, setting your timer to only dispense the amount of corn that the deer pick up immediately when it goes off. This requires the deer to compete for the corn. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years. The deer literally run to my feeders when they go off. The key is seasonally adjusting your feed amounts to never feed more than they will eat.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
            Turn your feeder off until all the corn is gone. Then turn it back on, setting your timer to only dispense the amount of corn that the deer pick up immediately when it goes off. This requires the deer to compete for the corn. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years. The deer literally run to my feeders when they go off. The key is seasonally adjusting your feed amounts to never feed more than they will eat.
            I will give this a try. We are lucky that we have enough food here but the deer have never run in to our feeders like I have seen them do out west.

Comment

We have corn piled up as well; and have clover, turnips, radish, oats, and whatever else was in the blend in our pens and they haven’t touched em. My dads turnips are knee high

Comment

Any white oaks on the place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pour a bottle of vanilla and some hand corn out

Comment

I would try to hand corn away from your feeder on the edge of the field, wood line or wherever. Sometimes they eat hand corn and not go to the feeders. I killed a buck this past weekend on hand corn 100 yrds from a feeder that he never went to once all summer. Not one pic of that deer until I started hand corning away from the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                      Acorns are falling there not coming to my feeder is there something I can do
                      To bring them
                      In to my field
                      Yeah, get out there and hunt them. Find out which tree they like best and set up a stand. We have a very good acorn crop this year. Out of 750 acres, I would say 600 of it is hardwood bottom. Out of 13 feeders, we only have 6 going. Ours are still getting cleaned up though. Our white oaks are dropping big time right now and this is where I’m set up, overlooking this tree. I have a camera set up close and have lots of deer coming in every day. I have 2 other sets overlooking some pin oaks they like to feed on. Just find that certain spot and hunt it.

Comment

I have solved the corn price problem! I am growing corn under my feeders now-same problems in Burnet county

Comment

Switch to pea gravel?
                          No, but seriously. There's nothing that can be done. Your deer hate you. And corn.

Comment

Same in Leon county...terrible movement. Mother nature dumped a ton of acorns in this terrible drought.

Comment

Quit spending money on corn and hunt the acorns.

Comment

Working...
                              X