Game Warden Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Warden Visit

Had a visit from local Game Warden this weekend. Nothing unusual about that except in 40+ years of hunting I've never had one come onto my private property to check us. I'm not complaining about that either. We had a good visit, all was well, and we parted on friendly terms.

What made me wonder about this visit is the new Digital Licenses and tags. I'm using the digital license and submitted info, including a precise pin to my location, and tagged following directions. Game Warden shows up and wants to see the head and confirm if a number is attached to it. I wonder if the digital license tag got me the warden visit. Anyone else with digital license have an unusual visit?

You probably just let him know where a camp was at in the last 40+ years he had no idea about.

Comment

Think I will stay with the hard copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

buckle up this will go 2 pages +.

Comment

Hard copy for me thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SanSaba007 View Post
            Think I will stay with the hard copy.

I’m heading, this is the last year for paper.

Comment

This should be civil

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                Had a visit from local Game Warden this weekend. Nothing unusual about that except in 40+ years of hunting I've never had one come onto my private property to check us. I'm not complaining about that either. We had a good visit, all was well, and we parted on friendly terms.

What made me wonder about this visit is the new Digital Licenses and tags. I'm using the digital license and submitted info, including a precise pin to my location, and tagged following directions. Game Warden shows up and wants to see the head and confirm if a number is attached to it. I wonder if the digital license tag got me the warden visit. Anyone else with digital license have an unusual visit?

First year on new place, so nothing to gauge by, but also did digital license and had a visit
                Nothing tagged digitally yet so more than likely coincidence
                Very nice guy, the kids got a kick out of him.

Comment

You should have asked him.

So the digital tag requires you to provide the exact location of every deer killed? Only reason they could want that would be for enforcement purposes.

Comment

I have a hard copy but I have a question for you guys with the digital. Are the tag numbers issued to you already at the time of purchase? Do you have to enter it at time of kill and get the number? What if you dont have cell service at your lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                      I’m heading, this is the last year for paper.
                      That might be hard to enforce when there is still a whole lot of TX where some of us are hunting without cell service. Not to mention creating a legal requirement to own / be in possession of a cell phone in order to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post

GWs cant see the location. Digital tag requires more out of the hunter than paper. You need a charged phone, cell signal, rememebering to initate the tag if you don't have signal and then completing tag when you do have signal and then you still have to attach the confirmation number legably on a durable piece of material. paper tags are much simplier. Maybe the state is trying to appease to the generations that grew up on a cell phones, not sure. yeah this thread can grow a lot as mentioned above, especially when people start questioning GWs authority, but him showing up on private land in the state of Texas to check tagging compliance on a deer is part of the job and written into law. I hope he was friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                          You should have asked him.

So the digital tag requires you to provide the exact location of every deer killed? Only reason they could want that would be for enforcement purposes.
                          Not exact location. I don’t have it but considered it for convenience. Warden stopped by our place to check on us and we asked him about it as a lot of areas we hunt may not have service. Said it’s mainly to make sure for game laws so more so make sure it’s tagged accordingly. Said you can just write bumbler on paper or duct tape and for location it’s more to make sure you’re abiding by county restrictions so if you have to do it when you get to a gas station in town it’s fine as long as he can see you started it already apparently can tell when you start filling it out etc. I’m curious about it. Said this is kind of a trial and we will eventually go 100% digital and get rid of the old paper tags

Comment

If you shoot a deer off your wife’s tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the East Tx people.

Comment

Originally posted by anvilheadtexas View Post
                              if you shoot a deer off your wife’s tags, do you have to use her phone or can you just use your phone to complete this digital tag? Asking for all the east tx people.
                              😂😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                              X