No announcement yet.

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see opinions from those whose only oilfield success is mailbox money

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      I wish I could understand why some have to come here and talk crap. We are saving our money. Doesnt mean we will be happy when it crashes again. We will complain about the crash just as you would if you got laid off, or your industry crashed.

I would be willing to bet I live more frugally, and have done more with less than every crap talker here.

Most of the ones that do live off daddies money and the work their parents did. Then acting like they had something to do with it

Comment

Well, how are yall feeling? Still busy here

Comment

I work for a large Spring manufacturer in the Houston area, and most of our larger customers are oilfield related. The last 4-6 months have been booming, starting to slow down some now, but our shop guys are still working 60-70 hrs a week. We think there is still some meat on the bone, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            Well, how are yall feeling? Still busy here
            We are still busy as can be, but have "topped out" from the initial rush from everyone trying to get everything back up and running.

Comment

Business has been great and very steady! Drill baby drill!

Comment

We're FAR FROM Drill baby drill, but we're steady IN SPITE OF FJB!!

Comment

I think an accurate meter of oilfield business is the price of a hotel room in midland….

$240 tonight after taxes at the courtyard Marriott. I’d say oil is doing fairly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All I know is a lot of Texans are affected by the price per barrel.

Comment

we are sold out and struggling to make what we have on PO. Good problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        We're FAR FROM Drill baby drill, but we're steady IN SPITE OF FJB!!
                        My energy stocks are up 70% this year. You should be writing sleepy Joe and putin a thank you letter!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          My energy stocks are up 70% this year. You should be writing sleepy Joe and putin a thank you letter!

Up 70% this year after being down 71% last year?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            Im an idiot, I was seriously considering buying stock in oil companies at the end of the pandemic but felt it would be foolish to have everything tied to one industry ( investment and my business). Mistake

Comment

I'm in research and development for deep water drilling technologies. Basically we synthesize chemicals to alleviate drilling problems on a well by well basis, or rig by rig.

Business is booming. I know our major customers all have new projects and plans extending out the next ten years. Mostly for South America and GoM. The price per barrel will drop, but anything around 80 is good for us and good for consumers. Above that is fine too, but i get about 13.5 mpg, so Im happy with 85 or so.

I can't speak for onshore production, as that's not my gig. But I do know that the next few years is planned for and pumping. The market has adjusted to the supply and inflation BS. Companies have a handle on most of it, as far as I can tell.

We are on the fence about new property and home, I have no fear of the next 3-5 years in the OG market.

Comment

Trucked natural gas business is as busy as ever. Our volumes have tripled since January of 2020, and we've been sold out for around 15 months.

I expect the capital discipline and consolidation to continue by E&Ps and service companies alike, regardless of what oil prices do. You can bet Saudi is about to announce another round of cuts this Friday, and the Mummy can't do a thing about it. He will continue to villainize our industry, and his most desperate move of windfall taxes won't pass. Should be a strong run for another few years IMO, let's make the most of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X