Y’all be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all be careful

I heard on KBON radio today that they found a fellow dead at the base of a tree. Something about the chain broke on his stand. Check your gear. Then check it again.

Thanks for posting that. We all thing we're invincible but it takes one missed step.

Comment

Wear a safety harness as well. 200lbs gets to the ground quick and if it don’t kill ya it’s a good chance you ain’t gonna limp away.

Comment

Ugh...

Comment

Ouch......yes safety vest above 3 feet....period!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang

Comment

Word.

Comment

Sad. That's why we don't hunt from the air anymore, everything is on the ground. All of our bow stands are boxes now and from 3-5' high to the base. Sure makes getting in and out easier.

Comment

I hunted from some sketchy stuff when I was young with no thought of safety harness or anything else.
                  Only time I was ever even concerned was when I rode a Loggy Bayou climber about 6' down an ash tree from about 18' up at the start. I climbed right back up and continued my hunt.

I hook in now before I leave the ground.

Comment

How is it that you never hear of kids dying when they fall out of the tree they just climbed?

I climbed many trees as a kid, fell out of a few, was hurt but never injured. Getting old is such a yank!

Comment

Working...
                    X