No announcement yet.

Southeast Iowa Live.....Come Along for the 2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught up on your thread Mike. I always look forward to following your hunts.
    Praying for you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      Honestly I wasn't feeling too good. I thought about the effort it would take to blood trail, field dress and get a buck that size back to the house. I wasn't in distress or anything, just not feeling right. When I got down and back to the house I had some tightness in my chest. I don't know if it was the chilly evening, the excitement, or what?

I am sitting here watching daybreak wishing I was out there right now. I think I better just take it easy this morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      I wondered if that had something to do with your choice to pass, I was thinking the same thing about the same thing when I read your post last night.
      Praying that they will get you figured out and back to normal soon.

Comment

Mike, prayers continued.
        You a heck of a man passing that 8, wow.
        The young lady, she obviously knows what she is doing. Man thats a big deer.

Get well Mike

Comment

First morning sit for the season.

I didn't hunt yesterday.

34 degrees and frosty. I am still staying close to the house (250 yards)[emoji1]

I walked in at gray light. There was several does and a big buck in the brassica food plot to my north. I could see tall white antlers at 250-300 yards. Probably the big 8 I passed Thursday evening.

There are 3 or 4 doe feeding in the tall grass along side the cut corn.

Its a beautiful morning. I am thankful to be out here.

Comment

Looking great! Good luck and hope you get a bigun!

Comment

My friend if you do decide to shoot one please get some help on the recovery and retrieval and don't over do it. If you start having tightness and do not feel right, go get checked out asap.

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  My friend if you do decide to shoot one please get some help on the recovery and retrieval and don't over do it. If you start having tightness and do not feel right, go get checked out asap.
                  Yes Sir. I will. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                    Good luck buddy!
                    Thanks Heith!!!

Comment

How hard is it to get used to a tree saddle? Do you still use a harness like when you are in a treestand or are you using a connection from the saddle to the tree. I am going up to Kansas in 2 weeks with my son who has a tag and wanted to p/u a saddle and let him try it out. I could not tell from your pics above.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                        How hard is it to get used to a tree saddle? Do you still use a harness like when you are in a treestand or are you using a connection from the saddle to the tree. I am going up to Kansas in 2 weeks with my son who has a tag and wanted to p/u a saddle and let him try it out. I could not tell from your pics above.
                        It is really pretty easy. No. You don't use a regular tree stand harness. You climb with a linesman's belt and connect to the tree with a tether. The saddle is pretty comfortable. You can lean or sit. This is my 3rd year. I changed saddles this year and I am really liking my new saddle.

I still hunt out of lock ons with a regular harness and lifeline also.

There are a lot of good YouTube videos that detail saddle hunting. That is where I got interested and learned a lot when getting started.

Comment

Take care of your health Mike, the deer will still be there when you get straightened out !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Take care of your health Mike, the deer will still be there when you get straightened out !
                            I am feeling better the last couple of days with the medication change the Dr. made on Monday. I also quit taking a bunch of supplements that we think somehow was reacting with my blood pressure medicines. I was taking all kinds of vitamin supplements plus I was self medicating myself for my prostate cancer. I have stopped all that and I am feeling better. I am taking one BP medicine in the morning. One multivitamin and a nexium mid day, and another BP med, cholesterol med, and low dosage aspirin in the evening. Sounds like a lot, but I was taking 2-3 times that much stuff until this week.

I hope the echo stress test will show no issues or give us direction for treatment if I do have heart issues.

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Thank You!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              It is really pretty easy. No. You don't use a regular tree stand harness. You climb with a linesman's belt and connect to the tree with a tether. The saddle is pretty comfortable. You can lean or sit. This is my 3rd year. I changed saddles this year and I am really liking my new saddle.

I still hunt out of lock ons with a regular harness and lifeline also.

There are a lot of good YouTube videos that detail saddle hunting. That is where I got interested and learned a lot when getting started.

Thanks for the info. Amazing how many brands there are. Plus all the accessories. WOW sensory overload.

Comment

Glad you’re feeling better, it may be as simple as adjusting your meds. Prayers continue and get a big one!

Comment

Working...
                                X