Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post
    I'd like to find somewhere local that is certifiably haunted just so I can go check it out. I'm interested enough to stop by, but not enough to go out of my way. I bought a "Ghost Meter" for a cave tour a few years ago and I've still not ever seen it go off. I think the want to see that go off is driving most of my curiosity.
    Just go to Texas.gov/certifiedhaunted to find the place nearest you. Just because it’s certified don’t mean it’s authentic though

Comment

I have worked in funeral homes for over a decade and have a handful of “good” stories to tell about it. The funeral home I help out the most is definitely the most “haunted” place I’ve worked for, but a lot of the activity is very underwhelming and could be convinced away as a “I thought I heard something, guess I didn’t”. The only time things got excessively weird for me was during the construction phase, and there have been very few things outside of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
        Just go to Texas.gov/certifiedhaunted to find the place nearest you. Just because it’s certified don’t mean it’s authentic though
        Nothing comes up

Comment

Wow, I'd forgotten all about this thread, it's a pretty good read. I guess I'll add my one and only tale.

About 10yrs ago I was home alone, setting in the den watching TV. The door way to the den opened up into a hallway, and just across the hallway and off set a little ways was the doorway that went into the kitchen. Setting in my recliner I could see into the hallway and if I leaned back enough I could see partway into the kitchen. So anyway, I'm setting there watching TV and I hear something. I look into the hallway and (don't laugh) there's a pecan rolling down the hallway. My first reaction is, there's someone in the kitchen messing with me. I lean back and look into the kitchen, there's no one there. On the far side of the kitchen is another door that goes into another hallway that if you take a right it goes out back, a left will take you out front into the carport. I get up and go look, both doors are shut and locked and no one around. I picked up the pecan, put it back in the bucket which was setting in the hallway by the back door, and go back to my recliner. I few minutes later another pecan goes rolling down the hallway, I bolted out of my chair like my butt was on fire trying to catch whoever was doing it. Same story, no one around but me, and both doors where still shut and locked. Now I guess is the time to say, I'm not a believer in ghost, but I'm having second thoughts. I put the pecan back in the bucket, check the doors one more time and go back to my chair. Just a few more minutes in my chair and another pecan goes rolling down the hallway. I get up, go pick up the pecan and out load I said "ok, I'm tired of picking up your sh1t, stop it now" I put the pecan back in the bucket, went back to my chair and nothing ever happened again. To this day, I still don’t know what was doing it.

My youngest daughter swears the house was haunted, she claims to have woken up in the middle of the night with someone, a man, standing at the foot of her bed watching her. He was dressed in a civil war uniform. I never asked her if he was from the north or south. She said he never made any attempt harm her, she’d just put her head under the covers and after a few minutes he’d be gone, but it happened enough that it spooked her pretty good. Her bedroom was upstairs, she wouldn’t go to her bedroom at night if she was the only one at home, instead she’d stay in the Living room with every light in the house on, and the front door open for a fast get away.

Comment

Paranormal stuff

Pretty funny about the pecan .

Originally posted by Kdc View Post
            My youngest daughter swears the house was haunted, she claims to have woken up in the middle of the night with someone, a man, standing at the foot of her bed watching her. He was dressed in a civil war uniform. I never asked her if he was from the north or south. She said he never made any attempt harm her, she’d just put her head under the covers and after a few minutes he’d be gone, but it happened enough that it spooked her pretty good. Her bedroom was upstairs, she wouldn’t go to her bedroom at night if she was the only one at home, instead she’d stay in the Living room with every light in the house on, and the front door open for a fast get away.
            I probably already posted about this previously in this thread, but since this thread is umpteen pages long I’ll add again-
            I too as a child used to wake up to people standing around my bed looking down at me. It happened at my house, my aunts house and some home we vacationed in in Maryland.
            It all ended when I prayed to Jesus that I didn’t want to see them anymore. After that, zip - nada.

Back then I called them Angels, but they were plainly dressed.
            Yes I was young, but not sure why my brain would make it up.

Last edited by DaveC; 10-25-2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Here’s the most recent thing that has happened that we know of. My wife has a new job working in Floresville at the South Elementary. This school has been there for a while and long time employees at the school say that the school is haunted. Well, shortly after school started this year, an administrator had to go to the school over the weekend. No one else was in the school at the time. While this administrator was in the front office, a buzzer went off from one of the classrooms. This buzzer is used if a teacher need assistance. She turned the buzzer off and called the classroom asking if someone needed help, but there was no answer. The cool part of this is she recorded it and put it up online. Apparently this happens frequently enough that it doesn’t bother the staff anymore, but it only happens when not hardly anyone is in the building.

Comment

I forgot to set the alarm on my iPhone yesterday. I usually set it for 0430. I just forgot.

Went to sleep and woke to a voice saying pretty loud, “Leon!”

I looked at my iPhone and it was 0430 on the money. In a half sleep dazed, I wondered why my alarm didn’t go off, until I checked and saw I never set my alarm.

The thing is, the voice sounded like my deceased mother, but almost like in a different frequency.

That’s the best way I can describe it.

Comment

Too bad we can’t stay baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post
                    I'd like to find somewhere local that is certifiably haunted just so I can go check it out. I'm interested enough to stop by, but not enough to go out of my way. I bought a "Ghost Meter" for a cave tour a few years ago and I've still not ever seen it go off. I think the want to see that go off is driving most of my curiosity.
                    If I still lived in our first house, I would invite you over. We almost always had something happen if a friend visited, especially if they were drinking.

Comment

This stuff has always fascinated me. I've had a skeptical interest ever since two different unexplained experiences in two different homes as a child and as a teenager.

I just stumbled across a new series on Netflix where they put 3 different groups of people in three of the most haunted places in America for 28 straight days to investigate. It looks interesting.

Comment

The spooky character standing ominously at the foot of the bed has visited me. If it's a dream, sure is vivid...

Also get sleep paralysis. That sux but it wasn't the same as the bed side visitor. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          This stuff has always fascinated me. I've had a skeptical interest ever since two different unexplained experiences in two different homes as a child and as a teenager.

I just stumbled across a new series on Netflix where they put 3 different groups of people in three of the most haunted places in America for 28 straight days to investigate. It looks interesting.
                          What's the name of the new series? My wife loves this kind of spooky stuff.

Comment

Ghosts are the only supernatural that worry me. I’m just not sure hollow points would phase them.

Sleep paralysis is bugger. I had it a few times years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              What's the name of the new series? My wife loves this kind of spooky stuff.

28 Days

Comment

Halloween bump....

I live in a house built in the 1930s. Have seen a few things, nothing ever malicious, but things that have made me believe in ghosts.

The most recent was last year, my girlfriend and I are the only ones home and talking in the kitchen one evening. I forget what we were bickering about but we definitely had our voices raised. All of the sudden, two pool balls "clack" together on the pool table in the adjacent room. We both heard it and immediately stopped talking and searched the house. Nobody else was inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X