2022 Pushmataha County thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
    Great info, thanks. I assume your Antlers Ranch is pretty close to Antlers? We must be pretty close together. I am headed up after work today, our two new bucks haven't been on camera in a few days.
    We are about 3 miles NE of Antlers

Comment

Love the OK threads

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        We are starting to see some rut activity from the immature bucks on our cams.

So far we've harvested a 156 on our Hughes Ranch and a 159 on our Antlers Ranch. They were both "farm" deer as we call them. Easy to pattern, and traveled a small dedicated area.

Still waiting for the rut to fully break loose. Any day now. It's usually the 22-31 historically.
        Our bucks (Hughes Co) just separated from bachelor groups about a week ago. I figgered rut wouldn't even start til Halloween or later. I'll be there flying kites this wknd though!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
          Our bucks (Hughes Co) just separated from bachelor groups about a week ago. I figgered rut wouldn't even start til Halloween or later. I'll be there flying kites this wknd though!
          I feel ya on that! Ours were still together as well. They were locked down hard last week. We were wondering if that lockdown would cause the split finally. Nobody has been in Hughes since last weekend. I plan to hunt Antlers tomorrow morning then move over to Hughes or Pittsburgh for the afternoon and rest of the weekend.

The 159 I posted from Antlers was with an entire bachelor group of bucks still. Never seen that happen this late. This epic drought has to have something to do with that.

I had pictures of a 3.5YO 8 in Pittsburgh full lip curl on a doe this morning. So, we aren't too far off.

Comment

^^^^

Thanks for the info.

I whacked a 140" in Hughes Sat and have a place in Pitt too. Not one buck on cam there. Tons of doe. Figger bucks will start at least cruising by Halloween for sure.

Keep us posted!

Comment

2022 Pushmataha County thread

^^^^

Thanks for the info.

I whacked a 140" in Hughes Sat and have a place in Pitt too. Not one buck on cam there. Tons of doe. Figger bucks will start at least cruising by Halloween for sure.

Keep us posted!

Our spots in Pitt have behaved in a similar way. They’re definitely being reclusive so far this season. We know they’re out there and we know there’s literally zero hunting pressure. Been a really weird season thus far. I think when it finally breaks loose it’s going to be a wild time.

That’s why I’m thinking about sitting in Pitt for the first time this season. I know if I can hit it perfect on the first two or three days of rut I can just take my pick of a 170+.

Congrats on your buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by SB09; 10-20-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BubRay View Post
                Great to hear. Seems this time every year they start showing up. Anyone using anything other than corn as an attractor?

Protein. The 159 in antlers we credit protein as what was making his so pattern-able.

Comment

Looks like I need some protein! Awesome deer so far gentlemen. Feel free to send one of those 170s my way!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                    We are about 3 miles NE of Antlers
                    Nice! We are about 20 miles NE of Antlers.

Comment

Going out for a sit tomorrow morning, good luck y’all.

Comment

I hunted my place in Hughes county Tuesday and Wednesday. Bucks were still bachelored up. Lots of does. No big bucks even on camera yet. Hope they are around somewhere.

Comment

Both of the mature bucks we have on cam in Hughes were at feeders every night before dark up until tonight. I was hoping to put the grandson on one sat....

Comment

Both of the mature bucks we have on cam in Hughes were at feeders every night before dark up until tonight. I was hoping to put the grandson on one sat....
                            Good luck, look forward to some LDP’s!

It’s a nice chilly 44 in the blind right now, we don’t currently have any consistent shooters on camera but I know they are around.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	24696200
                              One of our targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hughes county is waking up! Just videod a 180+ tending does. Trying to get the video to upload now.

Comment

Working...
                                X