Day lease dove hunts stink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day lease dove hunts stink

I’ve been on several day lease dove hunts. All of them have been terrible. No I know it’s hunting and nothing guaranteed but it just seems these guys that run the hunts are pretty crooked as a general rule.

Spent $200 yesterday for my son and I to do a hunt with a group from church in the special white wing season in south zone. I fired 4 shots and killed to mounting dove, my limit and son never fired his gun. Didn’t even see a whitewing. Of course the “guide” said he scouted out all his fields and this one was “hot” a few days ago and last year he had several groups limit out in this field. He had about 25 of us all stacked in a line. I don’t know what’s worse, these crooked guys who run these hunts or the dummies like me that give them money

I'm in no way defending dove day hunts because I've never been on one but I will tell you that doves can be here today and gone tomorrow. Stacking 25 hunters sound like the guide just wanted money.

Comment

Well I can say I’ve only been on one which was in a sunflower field on the city limits of Pflugerville and it was on fire. I don’t think I would go unless I could go look at field myself beforehand or larger operation. Went on an invite hunt with a big outfitter and there were plenty of dove there as well

Comment

This should up your shots

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dry Creek Outfitters is legit. Last year Rustin told us there were not many birds in his fields and gave the option to roll over our money to the following year. I chose to do that and this year the birds were unreal!
          Sorry you had a bad experience with your son. There are good guys out there and he's one of em.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            This should up your shots

Ahahahahahaha If it flies, it dies. That would raise some eye brows.

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
              I’ve been on several day lease dove hunts. All of them have been terrible.
              I don’t know what’s worse, these crooked guys who run these hunts or the dummies like me that give them money

I know the answer, but you won’t like it.

Comment

I have a sunflower field for sale. You will see a few birds

Comment

Myself and some friends went to Mathers ranch last weekend and pretty much the same thing, but like some have said, that's dove hunting. Mathers ranch has some of the best white wing hunts in the state and an excellent reputation, they just wasn't there this year.
                  i didn't feel bad or get upset about this hunt, Buuuuuuttt like you were saying when it comes to day hunts for dove, there are some low life thieves out there just taking hunters money knowing the hunter will not shoot or see any doves...

Comment

Wow
                    I didn’t realize that dove hunting had gotten so expensive
                    25 hunters in a line seems like quite a few depending on how large the property is

Comment

I should temper myself. My 15 year old son and I had a great conversation about God,grace, and living for Jesus so that was worth the $200. I need to change my perspective. Would’ve been nice to see some birds though. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                        I have a sunflower field for sale. You will see a few birds
                        That's what I've heard

Comment

I definitely avoid anything in the paper or Craig’s list, social media, asking for disappointment

I did go on a smoking hot hunt with quick limits , but it was close to a subdivision, and someone called the police, the guy who took the $$ locked himself in his house and wouldn’t return the money or deal with SAPD .

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            Dry Creek Outfitters is legit. Last year Rustin told us there were not many birds in his fields and gave the option to roll over our money to the following year. I chose to do that and this year the birds were unreal!
                            Sorry you had a bad experience with your son. There are good guys out there and he's one of em.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            He seems like a gooden, I have had several friends hunt his fields, my son's hunted there yesterday because our place had nada, they did not limit out but it was not because of too few birds, I think they stayed up a little late and their heads were not quite on right lol

Comment

Smh

Comment

Working...
                              X