Lake Calcasieu Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Calcasieu Fishing

I had a thread on Venice La fishing questions and someone mentioned Lake Calcasieu would be a good option. After looking at lots of info on Google, I thought I would ask the real experts, the GS. We think we want to start around Hackberry with a guide and then do our own thing with our boats later own. We would like to target marsh reds primarily and plan Sept to Oct as when to go. Any and all suggestions and advice are much appreciated as always.

Lake

Pm sent

Comment

I fished Calcasieu last week and we caught tons of small trout. I have fished Calcasieu a few times with my boat and after talking to the guide I am not sure about fishing the marshes…he said the hurricane put a lot of debris out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        I fished Calcasieu last week and we caught tons of small trout. I have fished Calcasieu a few times with my boat and after talking to the guide I am not sure about fishing the marshes…he said the hurricane put a lot of debris out there.

Thanks, I imagine things change dramatically after the storms.

Comment

[QUOTE=TX CHICKEN;16351568]I fished Calcasieu last week and we caught tons of small trout. I have fished Calcasieu a few times with my boat and after talking to the guide I am not sure about fishing the marshes…he said the hurricane put a lot of debris out there.

Who did you fish with?

Comment

We fished with Trout Mouth Charters and would do it again. We caught speckled trout, red drum, and flounders. He is in Hackberry

Comment

[quote=db@100;16351633]
              Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post

Who did you fish with?

It was through Erik Rue at Calcasieu charter service and our guide was Brian(forgot last name) and we had a great trip overall. He was entertaining and put us on the fish. August has been tough and we did pretty good.

Comment

Went here several times.

Tanya Jinks had her hands full with this big trout she hooked and boated in West Cove on the west side of Calcasieu Lake while fishing with Hackberry Rod & Gun. From the Lousiana Sportsman West Cove is where the specks stack up March 22, 2024  -Don Shoopman Kirk Stansel has seen enough of Calcasieu Lake

Comment

Originally posted by EasttexSam View Post
                  Went here several times.

https://hackberryrodandgun.com/
                  Thanks, heard good things about them.

Comment

You really have to be careful when fishing the marsh in Louisiana, most of it is considered private unlike Texas navigable waters laws. Lots of reds have been caught this year between lake Charles and Hackberry fishing the rocks along the Calcaseau river near the 210 bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      You really have to be careful when fishing the marsh in Louisiana, most of it is considered private unlike Texas navigable waters laws. Lots of reds have been caught this year between lake Charles and Hackberry fishing the rocks along the Calcaseau river near the 210 bridge.
                      Thanks, would love to catch a mess of 24-28 inch redfish.

Comment

I have fished with Troutmouth also. We had a good time got plenty of trout some redfish and flounders. Would recommend them.

Comment

Check the size regulations for LA . It's different than Texas. I don't know if Hackberry rod and gun still has the night stalker but that's a fun trip too.

Comment

I like Black Lake over there. It's not far out of Hackberry and you can sight cast reds. I've done well there.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                              I like Black Lake over there. It's not far out of Hackberry and you can sight cast reds. I've done well there.
                              I would love to do that, never have. Seen videos is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X