No announcement yet.

2022 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

557 - Trapped a big one in the garage the other night. Took 3 subsonic 22lr to dirt nap it.

Comment

14 this week, Z traps using. Corn and menhaden oil

Total 571

Comment

+15 more this past weekend. These turds are everywhere out here. Dukes and dry cat food.

Total 586

Comment

Ok I’m late to the party. I probably caught 50 but only recorded 28 as bycatch on my coyote trap line. Mb 550 & k9 extremes. My 4 coil traps would kill about half of them. All kinds of baits. I’ll keep better notes going forward

So #614

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pickings are getting a little slim or they found something in the drought they like better than corn and protein.... Only caught 5 over two nights with 12 traps on 4 feed pens.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Pickings are getting a little slim or they found something in the drought they like better than corn and protein.... Only caught 5 over two nights with 12 traps on 4 feed pens.

Sounds like a good problem to have.

Comment

623, 3 more this weekend....

Comment

625. One courtesy of Dukes coon traps and one courtesy of my dog Bo who gladly woke me up at 4:00 this morning with one treed. By the time I went back to get a gun the coon made a break for it and it didn’t end well for him. This gentle lap dog becomes a vicious killer in the fraction of a second. Is amazing and creepy all at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      Sounds like a good problem to have.

It is but I sure like catching them[emoji23]

Of course this is a pic I got last night after we left. [emoji23]

Comment

Six more this weekend, Z traps with corn and menhaden oil

Comment

How would y’all dispose of one caught in a Dukes trap without using a gun? I’m on an archery only lease this year. I’d hate to waste an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
                            How would y’all dispose of one caught in a Dukes trap without using a gun? I’m on an archery only lease this year. I’d hate to waste an arrow.

Would talk to the lease bosses about varmints. We are 98% archery only and all ours get a 22 . If no 22s allowed then maybe a pellet gun?

There are other way to dispose of them but not sure if you go about telling folks about it. Bludgeoning is another word for it …

Comment

#205 was @ 625 & #206 got 6 more so that makes 631.
                              Caught one in live trap in the garden last night. Dispatched with 22.

Comment

Four more last night, Z traps with corn and menhaden oil

Comment

Working...
                                X