Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Quick wade trip
    Two reds buried themselves in the drift algae made a challenge to get them out. Lost one, got a decent keeper. Lots of rats today.

The net over the stringer is an anti-potlicking device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After striking out at our first pot this morning the boys and I made a move. We found some good tidal flow and lots of bait in a gut parallel to a grass flat. The bite from 9–10:30 was wide open! Both boys caught their PB at the same time and one of them broke their PB half an hour later. We released well over a dozen slot trout and a few reds as well. Double D and top waters were the baits of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        Y'all know the tripletail in the bay came in from the gulf right? They are way more common in the gulf than in the bay. I've caught a bunch of them off the beachfront. If you are fishing the surf by boat when you get done make a wide swing out off the beach on your way in and be looking for black plastic bags floating near the surface, that is what a tripletail kinda looks like. And for sure if you see anything floating go take a look under it.
        We find them near the beach all the time. Had a keeper triple tail float under a light on my buddy’s pier the other night while I was fishing for trout in Sabine, and his place is close to 10 miles from the mouth of the jetties. Got it to bite twice before it floated away, but didn’t hook up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          After striking out at our first pot this morning the boys and I made a move. We found some good tidal flow and lots of bait in a gut parallel to a grass flat. The bite from 9–10:30 was wide open! Both boys caught their PB at the same time and one of them broke their PB half an hour later. We released well over a dozen slot trout and a few reds as well. Double D and top waters were the baits of choice.

Congrats to the Young Men!

Comment

After seeing those trout pics, Im starting to feel a little bit queasy. Waist deep water could be the cure

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              After seeing those trout pics, Im starting to feel a little bit queasy. Waist deep water could be the cure

Wonder how it works on shingles? I’d have to be neck deep I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Wonder how it works on shingles? I’d have to be neck deep I guess.

Just wear a snorkel Justin! You'll be good!
                Man I don't envy you one bit! Those shingles can be NASTY, especially when they're on your upper body! Guy I used to work with wound up with them on his face and dang near lost an eye!! You be careful!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Just wear a snorkel Justin! You'll be good!
                  Man I don't envy you one bit! Those shingles can be NASTY, especially when they're on your upper body! Guy I used to work with wound up with them on his face and dang near lost an eye!! You be careful!

They have just about ran their course I think, just dealing with some residual nerve pain in my shoulder. Casting is still out of the question, since I’m a 2 handed caster.

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;16287924]when youre in that boat are you inclined to say things like..........DON CHA KNOW and EHHH?

Hahaha absolutely. Turns out Sam Rayburn doesn't have any Pike or Walleye in it.

I did get some crazy looks cruising around Rattlesnake island.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      What's the name of their boat? What town is the boat in? My son works on a 73ft sport fisher out of A. Pass.

Great pics!
                      Stabalized. 68 Viking out of Port A

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        Go by Northern Tool & pick up one of their fuel Caddy's, I have been contemplating on getting one just for this purpose.

My offshore buddy has his fuel in some 20 gallon barrels and uses a hand pump. Also has bigger barrels but the 20
                        Gallon he said are easier to handle.

The fuel caddy I bought at academy for filling up equipment was 129.00 and only holds 14 gallons.

Comment

Yes, hit the surf rod. I was fishing for bull reds / sharks with a half mullet hooked through the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Nice quality fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              when youre in that boat are you inclined to say things like..........DON CHA KNOW and EHHH?

never caught one so Im game.
                              You’ve never caught a flounder? I though you were an ocean perch guy?? Heck I’ve caught flounder in a couple states and I don’t ocean perch fish!

I wouldn’t trade em for crappie fillets though.

Comment

I think he was talking about 3tails.

Comment

Working...
                                X