Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
    Stay on that freshwater lake Terry and you’re fears should subside
    Actually I only exited the water one time in my life because there was just too darn many. It was by Roll Over. Had 2 trout early and left em biting. A few don’t bother me. The quickest I ever got back on my boat though in the bay, I was wading the mouth of Wharton Camp Bayou in Chocolate Bay which I always referred to as Sting Ray Ally on a strong in coming tide. The next thing I know it looks like 100s of floor mats out of my truck floating with the current. But it was stingrays riding the tide on top of the water. I had never seen it before or since that day. I started thinking how much I paid for my boat and shuffled my butt back over and got on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Actually I only exited the water one time in my life because there was just too darn many. It was by Roll Over. Had 2 trout early and left em biting. A few don’t bother me. The quickest I ever got back on my boat though in the bay, I was wading the mouth of Wharton Camp Bayou in Chocolate Bay which I always referred to as Sting Ray Ally on a strong in coming tide. The next thing I know it looks like 100s of floor mats out of my truck floating with the current. But it was stingrays riding the tide on top of the water. I had never seen it before or since that day. I started thinking how much I paid for my boat and shuffled my butt back over and got on it.
      I was wade fishing a reef we made in camp flat by myself in a great west wind and was in some solid trout - it got still and I had dolphins jumping Within 5’ of me and all around me. I may have messed myself lol-it was crazy .
      Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-19-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Sharks just trying to make a living. Saw several last weekend and they didn’t try to eat any of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That one blew up next to me was big enough to take an arm. Dorsal fin was easily 9 or 10 inches at his back.

One of the biggest I've seen in the bay

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
          Hit the west galveston surf this morning. Found light wind with sandy green water, swells were smallish with good time between them. Good presents of bait and some birds working after the sun peaked out. The bone Spook jr tricked a couple of small specks early and that was it. Moved out to the 2nd bar and switched to a DSL and caught 6 or so more that wouldn't keep along with a couple of lady fish. Finished up with one keeper. In at 5:50am out at 9:15am.

Just picked up one of the bone colored Spooks myself. Looking forward to using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;16265730]That one blew up next to me was big enough to take an arm. Dorsal fin was easily 9 or 10 inches at his back.

One of the biggest I've seen in the bay

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I’m sure that you were responsible enough to clean up the floaters when you left. Unless they were still in your pants of coarse.

Comment

Had a good morning far west end this morning!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4153.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24686416

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

Comment

Sunrise till around 8:30-9 We threw pink skitterwalk and my son threw white. Nothing but two mid size gaftops. Threw out some long lines with finger mullet and landed more larger hardheadz and gaftops and one little shark. Still a good day on the sand.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Looking at the Crystal Beach cam, the surf looks pretty flat this morning.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fished Saturday in Surfside and landed two keepers on soft plastics. It should have been a lot better considering the nice water, but we basically just had one school come through. Before and after that it was nothing but small sharks. There are a lot of shrimp in the surf, just not a lot hitting on them. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the surf really hasn't been as good for a couple of years, and it may be the lack of rainfall pushing trout into the surf. If I didn't have a ****ed wedding to go to this coming weekend, I'd be back out there.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          Wow that surf is flat. I bet it greens up if there is good tidal flow and wind stays light.

Comment

My son and I are headed to Matagorda Thursday through Sunday. Hopefully, we have a good report to post upon our return.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                              Top water time !

Comment

The surf wasn't good to me. I ran down Sunday morning and fished from 5:45 - 8:30 ish. Threw top waters in the first gut for the first 30 minutes, and then put a DSL on. I tried everything, changed colors, went from a standard DSL to the supermodel to a Kelly Wiggler willow tail, changed jig head size, etc.
                                Ended up catching one bonnet head shark around 18".

Ready for the surf to lay again.

Comment

Working...
                                X