Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a minute, please say a quick prayer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gall bladder came out with no issues, except that two nurses took 8 stabs to get her IV started. Obviously, she had some pain afterwards, but she's so against pain killers that she never took any. Her stomach looks like she got into a knife fight at a shady 5th ward bar, but other than that, she's doing well. She'd already changed her diet, so the issues that most people have (with greasy foods) hasn't happened.

The gamma knife doctor said that her results were very positive. Some of the legions had shrunk, some were still the same, but none had grown and there were no new ones.

Tomorrow we'll go back for her second round of chemo since the gall bladder complications. She seems to be tolerating the chemo pretty well and she's talking about working on a flower bed and the floor in Konnor's playhouse this weekend.

She's doing pretty good physically, but I know she's mentally beat down. I assure her every day that we will get through this but it's still impossible to understand why she was the one to go through this crap.

Cancer sucks!

Comment

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Comment

Prayers continuing...

Comment

Cancer sucks x 1000. I prayed for you and Tina brother.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers continued for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                Cancer sucks x 1000. I prayed for you and Tina brother.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good update Kevin. Except for the nurses stabbing her. I can't stand when they use you as a pin cushion. Maybe she was dehydrated which makes it tough.

God bless and continued prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent...

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Good to hear. Hopefully it's the end of this crap. Still praying for y'all!

Comment

Thanks for the update and continued prayers Up .. Stay Strong

Comment

One more prayer sent from up north.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Checking in on Tina. Hope all is well. Still praying for you guys Kevin.

God bless.

Comment

In the last few days I've gotten PMs from a few people that have been following, and realized I really dropped the ball on keeping this updated.

Since the last update, Tina has had a few more scans, and for the first time, we feel like she is headed in the right direction.

The tumor behind her right eye is gone and her eyesight has returned to 20/20. She's still got some slight radiation burn, under her right eye, so it still looks like she's got a slight black eye if she's not wearing makeup.

The chemo killed her hair again, so she did shave it. It's coming back slowly and this time it's grey. She wears a wig when we go out in public as it seems to bother her more this time than it did the first time. I think she looks better in a ball cap, than the wig, but she doesn't listen to me. Hair loss from chemo is horrible. Hair loss from chemo is also great!

Her brain scans have showed positive results as well. All of the treated legions have either stayed the same, shrank, or completely gone away. The best part is that none have grown and there are no new ones.

Her lung legions are showing the same results as the brain legions. They've either stayed the same, shrank, or disappeared, and no new ones have shown up.

Her oncologist did switch her chemo because it wasn't doing anything to the stuff in her bones. The first dose was too much and landed us back in the ER, twice. He reduced the dose and added some white blood cell booster shots and now she's tolerating it very well.

Having said all that, I'd like to disclose that she is doing a LOT more than just chemo. First, she completely overhauled her diet. Cut out all sugars, carbs, dairy, and most meats. Basically a vegan. I don't know how she does it, but I try to be supportive even though I eat a steak while she's having rabbit food. We have no idea what part of all this is the culprit, but she's gone from 189 pounds to 135. She thinks she looks sick, but I think she looks like she should. To me she looks healthier than she has in years. I retrieved her high school cheer leading uniforms from her mom's house a few months ago hoping she'd fit back into them. She was able to get them on, but they were still a tad tight to enjoy!

She's also on a ton of supplements that you wouldn't normally associate with cancer treatment. The ones that I can remember are Fenben, Ivermectin, Metformin, high dose Melatonin, and a slew of others that she's got from two or three different sources.

She's told her oncologist some of what she's taking and he hasn't thrown up any objections. He even admits that he does not know which part of all this is doing the most good, but he's told her to keep doing what she's doing ... something is working.

In the last months, I have really doubted my faith. Everyone says you have to trust the Lord, but I promise that when you're put through this, you will have doubts. Even still, we still appreciate all the prayers and messages. This is a long, horrible battle but for the first time in a long time, I feel like we might be seeing the end of the tunnel.

Again, thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and support.

Comment

Working...
                                X