Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Weekend...what a mess!

*No Deer at the feeders, too much rain/browse...ongoing issue for 2+ months
    *Son picked up one of his "lease vehicles" after waiting 3 weeks post promise on repairs. Drove fine until he turned on the BIG light system..immediately died, would not start. Towed back to camp..po'd!
    *Could not get my hot water heater to start in the RV
    *Dam field rats chewed thru another cord outside
    *My right hip replacement...a few years old...gave me fits with cramping muscles
    *Last night, lost all power to our camp, came back on for 10 +- minutes then out until 11pm last night AND a cold front blowing in...
    *Windy as hell and went from SW to NE this morning
    *Loaded up one of the UTV's to bring back home for yearly service..smelled burning electrical after loaded?

BUT, made it home, other lease members report tonight...no deer seen...but there's always next year!
    Just blessed we have the opportunity and all are safe....worst season ever for me...but still LOVED IT! "It ain't always about the kill...but the time spent loving what we do!"

Deer Season, it's the best of times, it's the worst of times. Good times.

Comment

kuma--the "no deer seen" sounds like my season, but thank goodness I haven't had the mechanical/electrical problems you've experienced. And, a friend at church is on an MLD lease and they have more tags than freezer space so he gifted me a buck--delivered it to the house quartered and iced!!!

Comment

It’s my experience that the more conveniences, the more things to maintain.
        And more repair bills. But that is part of the adventure.
        Sorry about the deer sightings. My year was “different” too.
        My cameras were full of issues and the wind was never good.
        We will get ‘em next year !

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
          *Son picked up one of his "lease vehicles" after waiting 3 weeks post promise on repairs. Drove fine until he turned on the BIG light system..immediately died, would not start. Towed back to camp..po'd!
          *My right hip replacement...a few years old...gave me fits with cramping muscles
          *Last night, lost all power to our camp, came back on for 10 +- minutes then out until 11pm last night AND a cold front blowing in...
          *Loaded up one of the UTV's to bring back home for yearly service..smelled burning electrical after loaded?
          BUT, made it home, other lease members report tonight...no deer seen...but there's always next year!
          Just blessed we have the opportunity and all are safe....worst season ever for me...but still LOVED IT! "It ain't always about the kill...but the time spent loving what we do!"
          Sorry to hear of your issues at camp, ver frustrating to say the least. Things like this caused me to take a step back from hunting for a few years. Since then I retired and have gotten back into hunting but I keep the hunting work to a minimum. I do live close to the lease, hand corn only, no cameras, keep mowing to a minimum and keep the stands up. I enjoy it much more and a whole lot less frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            It’s my experience that the more conveniences, the more things to maintain.
            And more repair bills. But that is part of the adventure.
            Sorry about the deer sightings. My year was “different” too.
            My cameras were full of issues and the wind was never good.
            We will get ‘em next year !
            This is oh so true.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Oh, how I long for those problems. I haven't even been this year. Not even for ducks, dove, or anything so far. First year since the early1980s. And I've got 14,000 acres out my back door of public lands that are go at will. Maybe I'll get to pig hunt, maybe.

Comment

Seems like I have one of those trips a year.

Comment

As they say..."It is what it is," but still beats watching the neighbors only, lol!

Comment

I probably “went blank” more times this year than ever before. I just felt like, in general, the bigger deer never really HAD to move much. As the saying goes, “ a bad day at the lease is always better than a good day at work” 😏
                    Come on turkey season 😁

Comment

Working...
                    X