Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    I think some of our accounts fell in a black hole. I have something like 9 points in pretty much every category except GDE and I don't apply for high demand hunts. I can draw Elk, antelope, and deer tags in other states but can't get squat in my own for 9 years. GDE I was putting my youth son on our apps to let him "build points" and he actually drew, so it wiped out our GDE points and our whole card got to go out and have an awesome trip and fill the freezer. That kid went on 4 or 5 youth hunts and they were always great, highly recommend anyone with under 17 kids to put in for the youth hunts. For my wife and two older boys it's the same story, various amounts of close to double digit points across the board and nothing drawn.
    Same here, been drawn once in 21 years of applying. Granted the one I drew was probably one of the best hunts I’ve ever had but by odds I should have drawn again by now.

Frustrating when I can get several out of state tags every year, zero issues, but here in TX I can’t catch a break it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
      Took my boys on multiple youth hunts - all were a blast and most importantly the boys had a great time. Great hunts all around. I have encouraged many a friend to apply.
      Same here. They both got their first deer on these hunts and the folks at TPWD treated us well, put us in good areas to see lots of deer to pick from.
      Highly recommended.

Comment

Texas Draw Hunts

Edit
        Last edited by James; 06-25-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I've been pretty luck over the years and only had one year I didn't draw. The most drawn was two years ago with 4 hunts including Chap. Last year was just Chap on a 2nd draw.

I usually spend about $40 to $50.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            I've been pretty luck over the years and only had one year I didn't draw. The most drawn was two years ago with 4 hunts including Chap. Last year was just Chap on a 2nd draw.

I usually spend about $40 to $50.
            You are very fortunate...I've drawn (1) hunt in the past (8) years, submitting for multiple tags. Keep us updated with a live hunt, if you have the opportunity.

Comment

I feel like the guys who are saying they never draw must only be putting in for the absolute prime hunts. Maybe I'm wrong...

I've been doing this draw thing for 5 years, this year makes 6 and I have drawn at least something every year.

I've been to Laguna Atascosa NWR twice for archery and actually have been drawn 4 times.
              Been on an archery hunt at The Chap. (Bad hunt but awesome place)
              Been on a rifle hunt at Balcones Canyonlands NWR. (terrible hunt)
              and been on a rifle hunt at Trinity River NWR.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                I feel like the guys who are saying they never draw must only be putting in for the absolute prime hunts. Maybe I'm wrong...

I've been doing this draw thing for 5 years, this year makes 6 and I have drawn at least something every year.

I've been to Laguna Atascosa NWR twice for archery and actually have been drawn 4 times.
                Been on an archery hunt at The Chap. (Bad hunt but awesome place)
                Been on a rifle hunt at Balcones Canyonlands NWR. (terrible hunt)
                and been on a rifle hunt at Trinity River NWR.
                Not even close, never put in for Chap etc yet you see people who draw that multiple times. I put us all in for hunts that are statistically way better odds. The system is off, it's not pure random I think there's logic errors in their selection system. I put in for Laguna in every category possible, never been drawn.

Comment

I'm in the camp with with Yak. Been drawn 3 of the 4 years at Laguna for archery and once rifle. Been drawn several times at Chap and others. But I have been entering in drawings off & on for over 35 years. I want to get Powderhorn before the Sambar are all removed.

Comment

Not even close, never put in for Chap etc yet you see people who draw that multiple times. I put us all in for hunts that are statistically way better odds. The system is off, it's not pure random I think there's logic errors in their selection system. I put in for Laguna in every category possible, never been drawn.
                    I do this to a T. Yes I put in for the premiums but also the statistically easy draws in the same categories but, been saying the same as you for years. I have never been drawn for Laguna either and have put in for it every year in every category they offer as well. There's something to the system where it rewards new applicants and once your name or number gets drawn a time or two it seems to start being drawn on a regular basis. It's aggravating as getting a permit in my home state has been a wild goose chase to say the least.

Comment

Just checking in. Chasing snapper Friday but thinking hunting. Ready to spend my pennies on the anticipation of the draw hunts. Lot of good guys from past hunts in this thread and hopefully some new ones to meet in future adventures. Good luck gentlemen!

Comment

Have yet won in 6 years. Big Bend Mule deer come on this year. Plzzzzzzz

Comment

The system is off, it's not pure random I think there's logic errors in their selection system.
                          You are correct. It is not pure random. It's based on loyalty points.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                            You are correct. It is not pure random. It's based on loyalty points.
                            The points are just extra tickets in the raffle, so seems to me the raffle would be random. I don't know how they run their system obviously, but something's up with it. Just look at the separations in this thread, some guys draw consistently and some never draw. There's also been quite a bit of speculation for being weighted towards first time applicants, we see first time applicants every year draw multiple hunts.

Comment

The points are just extra tickets in the raffle, so seems to me the raffle would be random. I don't know how they run their system obviously, but something's up with it. Just look at the separations in this thread, some guys draw consistently and some never draw. There's also been quite a bit of speculation for being weighted towards first time applicants, we see first time applicants every year draw multiple hunts.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have been putting in for the rifle hunts at Laguna Atascosa for over 20 years and have never been drawn. I know of people that put in for it one time and get drawn. So this points system is not legitimate. There is no way it is legitimate when someone who has just put in once gets drawn and I have been spending my money on these draws for over twenty years with no luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X