Hmmmm. What might this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Yeah the arthritis is in the ring finger.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
    It's in all of mine. Just setting here right now with no load on them, it is painful to curl them into the string hook position, so you can imagine how much more painful it is to do it with load of the draw weight on them.

This tab "does not" relieve it all, but it relieves it enough to make it feel a whole lot better, than without it.

Rick

Comment

Pretty innovative stuff! Can’t wait for my 50’s and 60’s! Lol
      I guess if we shoot these things long enough, we start wearing out some.
      I like the design.

Comment

Id be interested to shoot one with the cam on the middle finger for three under. Its my primary anchor finger and trigger.

Good story about your friend and your creative initiative to keep the old archer flinging Mr Rick.

Comment

This is all still in the design & testing phase right now, but I do have the cam lock design nailed down., and templates created for it.

The rest it going to be making adjustments to the tabs themselves to insure a secure mount of the cam lock into them. One of those adjustments for sure is going to be to go to larger diameter fasteners, that bolt the tabs together in order to get them tightened good enough.

The fastener heads will be the same size. Just the nut/bolt thread size will be larger.
          At first, I will probably only be offering the cam lock with a tab purchase requesting that accessory.

I have to many of the other tabs out there with the small fasteners to offer it as a stand alone accessory, unless folks wanted to make the modification themselves by making the holes in their tab larger to accept the larger fasteners. I'm not sure I want to open that can of worms, (YET).

Comment

You would think, that an item so simple in design would be easy to accomplish. It's not, but I'm getting there.

This is where I am currently at with the prototype.

The design of the STRIKE string/cam lock is ready to rock.

The tab has to have a 3-piece palm plate, where the cam lock inserts between the two top pieces of the palm plate. Those two pieces have deep lines scored into the inside faces of them that meet the belt of the cam lock. Once you tighten it down, the belt stays put.

But, I had to use some old/used fasteners I had on hand, that were of the thread size needed. They were to long, so I had to make up the slack with some washers. I've been researching sources for a suitable fastener size.

The cam lock is adjustable. That is why it has the excess length off the back of the tab. You can fold it out of the way when shooting & adjusting for your personal preference, and once you know you have it where you want it you can trim the excess off with scissors.
            Attached Files

Comment

It looks like there may be some type of inner cylinder similar to the cardboard piece in a paper towel roll. Is that piece hard plastic or some such for rigidity?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                It looks like there may be some type of inner cylinder similar to the cardboard piece in a paper towel roll. Is that piece hard plastic or some such for rigidity?
                Yes. It's a hard plastic cylinder to keep the cam lock from deforming during use. Not only does the belt loop fit it tightly, but it is also glued in place.

Rick

Comment

Here's a low budget video with more description of, and how it works.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X