Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What compartment did you draw?

Comment

Congrats. Glad the work has finally paid off. I may PM you and ask some questions about Pat Mayes if that is ok.

Comment

Nice buck man

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
            What compartment did you draw?
            We hunted 10a/10b. Way back in the sticks. It was a pretty tough area for me to try and figure out. Not many obvious pinch points/funnels, which is what I usually look for. I stumbled into a small area where it was pretty obvious that this guy had set up shop. Several fresh scrapes and rubs. Felt pretty lucky to find that, because I walked a lot and didn't find anything nearly has promising as that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
              Congrats. Glad the work has finally paid off. I may PM you and ask some questions about Pat Mayes if that is ok.
              Sure thing!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                They had compartments selected when the Biologist sent the email about orientation details.

Jacob White is the biologist - make sure to listen closely to what he says about the unit you get. Ask him for scouting tips - the spot he mentioned on the map is exactly where I had the doe come out. She was coming up out of a draw running parallel to the lake.
                I must say that Jacob and the other biologist (forget his name) were very friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome and they gave us some good information. They helped skin/quarter the buck and Jacob even ran to his office and filled up our water cooler (we were hoping there would be a spigot). Great staff and a cool area!

Comment

Congrats!! That is a nice public buck!!

Comment

Congratulations on a Lamar County trophy

Comment

Working...
                    X