First Point Early Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Point Early Season

For those who have been to FP, what is the deer movement like early season, and is it worth the chance of hunting earlier before the traffic of hunters picks up in December?

We just came back from LSBA youth hunt this weekend. Bo is getting some good deer on cameras right now. He had an 129" 8 point taken last week. I was going to stay over and hunt but got rained out and came home instead since it was supposed to rain the entire day.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
      We just came back from LSBA youth hunt this weekend. Bo is getting some good deer on cameras right now. He had an 129" 8 point taken last week. I was going to stay over and hunt but got rained out and came home instead since it was supposed to rain the entire day.
      It was a great time Bob, thanks again.

Comment

Im heading there for the first time mid November. Looking forward to hunting south Texas again.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
          Isn’t that an undersized deer? I thought everything had to be over 130”. I realize it’s just an inch, but curious if the rules have changed again.

Comment

First Point Early Season

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
            Isn’t that an undersized deer? I thought everything had to be over 130”. I realize it’s just an inch, but curious if the rules have changed again.

Only 10 points it have to be 130”
            8 points just have to be 3 1/2 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
              Only 10 points it have to be 130”
              8 points just have to be 3 1/2 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This is correct.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cullbuck View Post