This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I read a tweet, but have not had the time to verify that the NFL goal post are taller than collegiate ones. Meaning, in a college stadium, the Arkansas kick would have went right over the goal post and been good. Just a wild play all the way around to have it hit the top like it did.

Old ugly is better than old nothin' - Darrell Royal
    FWIW right over the goal post is still ALWAYS the officials call. I see you're hunting to downplay the W but I also read a tweet that said the world is flat...

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
      FWIW right over the goal post is still ALWAYS the officials call. I see you're hunting to downplay the W but I also read a tweet that said the world is flat...

ac
      I am not down playing the win at all. A win is a win, no matter what it looks like. I am making a mention how slim the margin for error is in winning and losing.

FWIW, I have always heard right over the goal post is a good kick.

EDIT - I also posted cause I had no idea the goal post in NFL and College stadiums were different. It makes you think about the neutral site or bowl games in NFL stadiums going forward. Just a more you know.

EDIT II - The field goal going above the goal post is not a reviewable play. All other aspects of a field goal are reviewable. So more confusion and information.
      Last edited by Heath; 09-26-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Need to study up on K State. I watched the end of the KSU/OU game this weekend and their QB, Martinez, is quick! He had a heck of a game. We had them beat last year and gave them the game in the closing minutes, if i recall correctly. Hopefully Uncle Joey has them ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Ags benefited from a little luck, but let's not forget the Ags also dropped 4 points worth of kicks (missed fg and dropped PAT snap), and had 9 penalties. In addition to the 65 penalty yards, those penalties also erased several big plays/first downs. Pre snap penalties - two illegal shifts, two delay of games (one after a kick) and a false start inside the 10 - just can't happen. Moose had an illegal shift, a block below the waist and a block in the back that erased around 50 yards of offensive output. (AND he inexplicably misjudged a perfectly thrown deep ball that should have resulted in a 60+ yard TD.) This was his first action of the season, and I think nerves got to him a little bit, but I think he will settle in and provide some playmaking ability as the season progresses.

Unfortunately, the Ags lost one of their two best offensive players, and emotional leader, for the season, and likely ends his A&M career. Ainias has been a great Ag.
          I watched the No Huddle to see what changes Durkin made to the defensive scheme. Not sure what the formation is called but it seemed to work. One thing I noticed was Briles went away from the hurry up/ no huddle after the 1st qrtr. Lots of Hogs had their hands on their hips, sucking air, especially Jefferson. Quite a few DL rotated throughout the game.

I think Arky's offense gives Bama all they can handle this week, but not sure they can slow down Bama either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Fresh off back to back wins against ranked opponents, Ags by fiddy.
            Careful now, BoB is rewriting the history books with his definition of ranked opponents. Apparently you can only determine if they were ranked in the final polls at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
              Careful now, BoB is rewriting the history books with his definition of ranked opponents. Apparently you can only determine if they were ranked in the final polls at the end of the season.
              Correct. Per the BCS and the current playoff committee.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdsE44 View Post
                i thought stroud might be able to beat the record for TD thrown in a season but Burrows has the record at 60 something. thats ridiculous given how many games they actually play. im sure burrows strength of scheduel was weaker but if he gets above 40 i would say that is heisman material and a solid NFL prospect. top pick no doubt.
                Welcome to the fire.

BTW, Victoria TX product Bailey Zappe holds the record with 62 TD passes in a season, as well as most passing yards in a season (Western Kentucky, 2021).

Comment

Wow I am so glad that we have Dana as a head coach..

Joseph Duarte
                  @Joseph_Duarte
                  A clearly frustrated Houston coach Dana Holgorsen in postgame presser: “Tired of yelling at them. Tired of motivating them. Tired of all that crap.

That is a direct statement from CDH after the rice game. Then he came back yesterday and said that he "misspoke" that everyone knows what he meant that he was just upset. Really..

Own up to it and be a man about it. Be honest now get out and fix it or get out so someone else can.

I am so sorry your $4M a year is not enough to get you motivated to fix the issues and lead this team.

Comment

“If the ball is higher than the upright, it must be completely inside the upright to be good,” a veteran former college official told Sports Illustrated late Saturday night. “If it is straight over the upright it is not good.”
                    Sounds like officials are trained to call over the goalpost no good.

Comment

Defense….defense….defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        Sounds like officials are trained to call over the goalpost no good.
                        The more you know. Makes sense as the ball would have to be in between the goal post and not just over it. Would have been an interesting call to see how an official called it and from my previous post is not a reviewable play.

Good info.
                        Last edited by Heath; 09-26-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                          Defense….defense….defense!

And blocking….blocking…..blocking

Tech was getting a lot of pressure in the 2nd half only rushing 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I’m going huntin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally another hunter in the CFB group!...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Miami is not a top 25 team. They lost to a directional.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              Is middle a direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                                I am not down playing the win at all. A win is a win, no matter what it looks like. I am making a mention how slim the margin for error is in winning and losing.
                                I agree 100% a W is a W .... congrats to the Farmers.

I partially blame the ARK coaches and the QB for a lack of situational awareness which resulted in the left hash field position of the final FG. You have to ask the kicker, "Where to you want the ball placed son?" 9 times out of 10 they will respond in the middle of the field for a straight on kick. The QB ran a delayed draw and scrambled to the left side of the field where the ball spotted. He should have run straight and gotten tackled in the middle of the field !! The kick was never about distance, as he had plenty of leg. The Left hash angle and kick fading right was the difference. Hopefully coaches and players will learn from that mistake. Spot the ball where your kicker is most accurate and feels most comfortable. Crazy game from start to finish

Comment

Working...
                                X