Which shop heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which shop heater?

I’m in need of a couple of shop heaters for here at the house. I have 1800sf enclosed, but don’t need to heat the entire shop. Just looking to heat my work bench area and bar area. I want something ceiling mounted as I have young kids (one little heathen), but not sure which way to go. Do I want a fan forced heater (or 2) or some kind of 4’ or 8’ infrared strip heater? Whatever I do will be 220v. TIA green screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which shop heater?

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
    I’m in need of a couple of shop heaters for here at the house. I have 1800sf enclosed, but don’t need to heat the entire shop. Just looking to heat my work bench area and bar area. I want something ceiling mounted as I have young kids (one little heathen), but not sure which way to go. Do I want a fan forced heater (or 2) or some kind of 4’ or 8’ infrared strip heater? Whatever I do will be 220v. TIA green screen.

Is your shop insulated? Do you not have nat gas or propane available?

My shop is spray foam insulated 1” thick with insulated 12x14’ garage style doors and I can heat it with one of the propane fired patio heaters. I think it’s about 36k BTU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Is your shop insulated? Do you not have nat gas or propane available?

My shop is spray foam insulated 1” thick with insulated 12x14’ garage style doors and I can heat it with one of the propane fired patio heaters. I think it’s about 36k BTU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It isn’t insulated, which I now regret. I’ve considered having it sprayed, but the wife wants a pool. I have one upright propane patio heater, but it doesn’t heat a very big area.

Comment

I use a dual head propane heater in my 1200sqft shop. Its insulated and does fairly good at warming it up.

Comment

We have a Mr. Heater Maxx 125,000 BTU on propane. 40'x40' shop, 16' ceiling, R-19 blanket pole barn insulation in the walls. 15" R-50 blown in insulation above the ceiling. Two 10'x10' insulated garage doors, two 3'-0"x7'-0" insulated Plyco walk doors. We keep the shop T Stat at 45-50 degrees. It has been below zero for the last two weeks up until yesterday. The heater is amazing. I could keep it at 70 degrees if I wanted to do so. We had Thanksgiving in the shop and kicked it up to 72 for Thanksgiving with the family. Of course it wasn't below zero back in November.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-20-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X