LEO Recommended Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
    I never understood the vicks thing either. Get in and get out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Vicks, icy hot...it will stay in your uniform forever anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      .... and then change your clothes if you can… And wash your hair.

I used to carry an extra uniform. Lol I used to carry lots of extra stuff. I do not anymore BUT I have popped a flair on a windy roadway and caught my pants on fire. The sergeant let me drive home to change them. Lol. I don’t think they’d let me leave for stinky clothes but you never know!

Washing your hair......agreed 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
        Vicks has done nothing for me and dead bodies. If they stink they stink. Lol. I try not to hang around them when I get there if they’re stinky. Then again my agency is large enough if it’s not a natural, I call the homicide team and I step out. If it’s a natural, I call the ME and step out. [emoji6]

I'll remember that next time I'm in 5 at night. I'm gonna need lots of help for a good decomp. [emoji16]

The best way to get over it is to work em. I don't really smell it anymore.

And dead down wind works pretty good. I have a bottle in my truck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I'll remember that next time I'm in 5 at night. I'm gonna need lots of help for a good decomp. [emoji16]

The best way to get over it is to work em. I don't really smell it anymore.

And dead down wind works pretty good. I have a bottle in my truck

Grody. We can talk about it lol. But I’ll pass on the invites LOL.

Comment

Grody. We can talk about it lol. But I’ll pass on the invites LOL.

It'll be more of a request from a higher authority. 20+ years on has a few perks

Comment

I would say a good "Key Map"....but I don't think it applies anymore!

Red duct tape and apply to interior lighting instead of the bright white.

Comment

Originally posted by MisplacedTexan View Post
                I would say a good "Key Map"....but I don't think it applies anymore!

Red duct tape and apply to interior lighting instead of the bright white.

Lol our interior lighting had a red and white option [emoji6]

Keyboard is backlit red too. It’s much nicer for nights.

Comment

Lol our interior lighting had a red and white option [emoji6]

Keyboard is backlit red too. It’s much nicer for nights.

Yep.....

Red tape? Yes when I started but not needed now.

Aluminum clipboard? Yes when I started but not needed now.

Notepad with windshield mount to jot down call addresses? Yes when I started but not needed now.

Maps? Yes when I started but not needed now.

Penal Code and other books/codes? Yes when I started but not needed now.

Traffic template for making accident reports? Yes when I started but not needed now.

............... Yes when I started but not needed now.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    Lots of good stuff in here. One thing I liked while working accidents in august on the freeway was the “cool cop “ it hooks ok to your AC. Check it out, you can make one too.

Good luck be safe
                    You were a cool cop?! Say it aint so!!! LMAO.......

OP just remember if you poop your pants and your supervisor sees you running code and asks what the emergency is, the emergency is already over, or so Im told.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      you were a cool cop?! Say it aint so!!! Lmao.......

Op just remember if you poop your pants and your supervisor sees you running code and asks what the emergency is, the emergency is already over, or so im told.

Carry on.
                      hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                        Vicks, icy hot...it will stay in your uniform forever anyway.
                        Or on your uniform. I came home with part of someone's entrails stuck on my boot. It still grosses me out to this day.

Comment

Good flashlights! From someone who works a midnight shift and uses a flash light sometimes 4-6 hours a day I highly recommend you STAY AWAY from the stream light stinger. Were issued them and I used it for a couple months every night and only charged for a couple hours once I woke up and it’s garbage. Youll definitely appreciate a good simple flashlight having to walk a couple miles in pitch dark by yourself. Everybody and their mom at work recommended Fenix off Amazon. They’re great I carry two and get an unlimited supply of AA’s and CR123’s from work that I have a little holder for so I’m never without extras in the cargo pocket. Boots I have GORETEX danners and GORETEX Rockies love them both but the Rockies are definitely easier on your feet. Someone else said go federal and I couldn’t agree more

Comment

Lots of good advice. You will end up with a large container of stuff that is extra.

I only wear Thorlo Boot Socks.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                              Good flashlights! From someone who works a midnight shift and uses a flash light sometimes 4-6 hours a day I highly recommend you STAY AWAY from the stream light stinger. Were issued them and I used it for a couple months every night and only charged for a couple hours once I woke up and it’s garbage. Youll definitely appreciate a good simple flashlight having to walk a couple miles in pitch dark by yourself. Everybody and their mom at work recommended Fenix off Amazon. They’re great I carry two and get an unlimited supply of AA’s and CR123’s from work that I have a little holder for so I’m never without extras in the cargo pocket. Boots I have GORETEX danners and GORETEX Rockies love them both but the Rockies are definitely easier on your feet. Someone else said go federal and I couldn’t agree more
                              I agree on the stream light. We issued a various models for 30 years. About a year ago we finally saw the light (pun intended).....

I have a couple of Fenix and ThruNite flashlights. There is one problem with them, my officers keep borrowing them.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Wittenburg View Post
                                I would agree fenix has some decent lights and has a good warranty plan for them. They issue the stinger here so ill definitely be carrying another one either fenix or surefire.

Comment

Working...
                                X