Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    Thank you,
    Costco has Firman, Cabela's and HomeDepot have Champion, those are the only two I've been looking at. Haven't seen who carries Honda.

Honestly I don't even know what all the numbers and Wats and amps that describe each generators mean!!!
    go with a Honda 3000 is it will not run your whole house but will run a heater and other things. wont let you down for about 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      Same, no way I could store enough propane here at the house to run a generator. Fortunately all our appliances are natural gas and I could just hook up to that. Gasoline could still be used as a backup in case something happens to the NG line. Still deciding on what I want to do, but I think I’ve got it narrowed down.

Well hell I have NG.....I guess I didn't read far into it enough to know that was an option..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Well hell I have NG.....I guess I didn't read far into it enough to know that was an option..

Probably supplied by the same people who supply your electricity. Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Probably supplied by the same people who supply your electricity. Just something to think about.

Well my Oncor electricity **** the bed while my Atmos NG kept us warm with the help of a Predator 2000 inverter gen....Maybe dual fuel?

I wouldn't be without the gasoline option either way I don't think..

Comment

A good Generator under $500

Well my Oncor electricity **** the bed while my Atmos NG kept us warm with the help of a Predator 2000 inverter gen....Maybe dual fuel?

It would be wise to have more than one option. You could have a plumber install another outlet in your NG to plug into. Just realize you will lose some wattage with the NG route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just as long as you are not dependent on it, 100% would be my advice.

Probly never happen in residential setting, but they cut gas to a bunch of big nat gas users (mfg types) last week, so nothing would shock me.

Comment

Great info folks, thanks!

Comment

For you guys wanting to install an interlock kit on you panel be aware that you can pay $150.00 here.

Our General Electric Interlock Kits are made here in the USA, & each Kit is custom-designed to work with the GE electrical panel on your home.

Or you can get the get the same kit here for $70.00

Interlock kits are specific to your particular panel so make sure you are ordering the correct kit.

The kit consists of about $2.00 worth of sheet metal, but it is what it is.[emoji3525]

I am sure a lot of engineering, research and code approval went in to designing them.

Homemade ones are not legal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-21-2021, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                    I have the Predator 3500 and couldn’t be happier with its reliability. There are tons of reviews on RV sites that backup it’s dependability. I just turned mine off after 80 plus hours of continuous use. It did its job for our household again.

How much gas did you burn in that time frame? Thanks!

Comment

On one of the generator threads of the last week, someone posted a link to kits to hook up aux fuel supplys to various generators. I'll be ****ed if I can find it...can anyone remember what thread that was, or who posted it?

Comment

Originally posted by waffles View Post
                        Any reviews on this one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had one, ran great. sucked a butt ton of gasoline and a metric butt ton of propane. Was super loud. Traded for a predator 3500 and thank myself every time I use it

My dads still has it and he runs it quite a bit. Always starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                          Thank you!

Please provide some details, there are at least 15 different Honda Generator models on the first search.
                          I can't brag enough on my Honda EU 2000. New ones are EU 2200. Quite, sips the fuel & strong enough to run a 5000 BTU window unit. There are dual fuel accessories, extended run accessories. They are around $1000. I have two. The EU 2000 weights around 60 #. Brother has the EU 3000, it's a good one also but I can't lift it to put in a truck.

Forgot to mention, to run delicate electronics, get an invertor type generator.
                          Last edited by Monark; 02-21-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

So far this thing is pretty slick! Cranked on the 3rd pull, starts with the battery, and has a feature to run the fuel line out at cut off. I plugged in my little air compressor and it loaded up fine. I putting together a “genny box” with fuel treatment, spark plug, oil, and the tools that cane with it. Should fit under the cover that came with it.

It’ll be handy to have if nothing else.

Nice new toy!

Comment

A good Generator under $500

On one of the generator threads of the last week, someone posted a link to kits to hook up aux fuel supplys to various generators. I'll be ****ed if I can find it...can anyone remember what thread that was, or who posted it?

Wasn’t it Rascal Arms with a dual fuel carburetor kit? On a predator 8750?

Comment

Don't know about the thread but here is a website.

HONDA GENERATOR TRIFUEL PROPANE - NATURAL GAS & NATURAL GAS CONVERSION KITS, easy starts, EasyStart, Microair, micro air, EasyStart 364, soft start, hard start,

Comment

Working...
                                X