Where to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to look?

My step dad just gave me a Ruger Deerfield 44 mag. Carbine that my brother some how broke about 10 years ago. I’ve done some googling without much luck, it doesn’t look like the made them very long. Where would y’all look to try to find parts? Anyone know what you would call the broke piece? Maybe the bolt? Thanks

Do you have pics of the broken part?

Comment

A good gunsmith would have it ready in a day or so.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Might try Numrich Gun Parts Corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          X2

I remember when they would send you catalogs. Felt like you had the world at your fingertips.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post

This will be your best bet. I’m amazed at some of the stuff you can find on there.

Do you know what parts are making it not function? Those guns are pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those actions and trigger guards were made from cast aluminum and notorious for breaking/cracking. To much pressure and a poor design. My friend sent one in for repairs and Ruger kept it, would not return it. He was sent a $500 credit towards any Ruger rifle.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	482836FC-8CEB-481A-BDB5-7D98C830F239.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	24645020Sorry Pics didn’t load

Comment

[ATTACH]1041338[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    Those actions and trigger guards were made from cast aluminum and notorious for breaking/cracking. To much pressure and a poor design. My friend sent one in for repairs and Ruger kept it, would not return it. He was sent a $500 credit towards any Ruger rifle.
                    Oh wow!!![emoji33]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

You have a Ruger 44 Deerfield carbine (2nd Generation of the 44 carbine) with a rotary magazine. Definitely looks like the bolt is missing. The firing spring and some of the internal guts and rods may also be missing. You’re gonna need a competent GS to inspect the rifle and confirm what’s missing

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        You have a Ruger 44 Deerfield carbine (2nd Generation of the 44 carbine) with a rotary magazine. Definitely looks like the bolt is missing. The firing spring and some of the internal guts and rods may also be missing. You’re gonna need a competent GS to inspect the rifle and confirm what’s missing
                        I appreciate it just got it today so ima call a few local shops tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Working...
                        X