No announcement yet.

High School Baseball 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. I miss those days in the cages with my son. He’s playing college ball now. Enjoy this time, cuz it goes really fast. His high school days and college showcase tournaments blew by in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Good luck. I miss those days with my boy. It seems like just yesterday my boy was trying out for high school baseball. Now he is in his second year on a full ride baseball scholarship, and this past fall he got his MLB Draft link from the Toronto Blue Jays. I hope your son does well and has a great season!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Jbel- my kif has been in quarintine for close contact 3 times now. Make sure he gets reps and work in even if its flat ground and long toss with you - less than a month away for my kids first game. Im retiring and watching. Pumped and proud Dad
        We plan on throwing for sure. Football season was a bust for him as he was slated to be QB1 coming out of 2 a days. Dislocated knee cap in practice before the games got going. Came back and played the second half in game 6. Started game 7 and broke his tibia on the last play of the 3qtr. Didn’t get released before they lost in the playoffs. He is just ready to get going. Good luck to your son and I bet you are very proud of him.

Comment

Good luck- My kid quit football because of injuries and possible injuries his freshman year. I was relieved. Hope all these kids get to play from Freshman teams to Varsity. I heard Georgetown may be without fans in stands. Hope they loosen some and let parents attend for the HS kids and family

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
            Good luck to your boy! My son is on the freshman team at Flower Mound HS this year!! I’m excited that he gets to play with all his buddies again!

My son is a sophomore across town at Marcus. Is Danny gonna put Garrett on Varsity? Lol he’s a good player as well as his older brother Austin. Heard he’s lighting it up at UT so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
              My son is a sophomore across town at Marcus. Is Danny gonna put Garrett on Varsity? Lol he’s a good player as well as his older brother Austin. Heard he’s lighting it up at UT so far.
              PM on the way.

Comment

Good luck to all the boys tomorrow trying out for their HS teams. My son was excited today that the coach told him that he would be practicing with the varsity team and get a shot as a freshman to show his stuff. He is a big freshman at 6’1 and comes down the hill pretty good and plays SS and 3rd plus he can hit very well at times like most that’s been playing. I’m glad the work is being seen now it’s his to lose. He still has to tryout I’m just hoping he makes any team LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Good luck to all the boys tomorrow trying out for their HS teams. My son was excited today that the coach told him that he would be practicing with the varsity team and get a shot as a freshman to show his stuff. He is a big freshman at 6’1 and comes down the hill pretty good and plays SS and 3rd plus he can hit very well at times like most that’s been playing. I’m glad the work is being seen now it’s his to lose. He still has to tryout I’m just hoping he makes any team LOL!

Awesome to hear Grant. What hs is he at? My sophomore is a freak in the size dept as well. Turns 16 on Monday. 6’5 225 lbs. lol. His older brothers are 5’10 and 6’0 so that has been a little bit of a surprise. Good luck this year!

Comment

Day one in the books for tryouts. My son said he did very well and will practice with the varsity team in the morning then go back for Sophomore/JV tryouts. Hope all your boys did well and day two starts tomorrow good luck.

Comment

Finally had good weather for an opening day. Tomorrow doesn’t look so good. Fun to watch them get back on the field. I enjoy summer baseball but it’s just not the same as watching them play for their school.

Comment

Day 1 in the books for my little man as well and there are tons of kids trying out this year. He was a very young and tiny freshman last year, but did make the squad and managed to hold his own for the most part. He's put on a bit of height and weight and feels like he did pretty well today. Tomorrow is a long one and then they will wrap up tryouts Monday night. Hopefully he will wear a Bellville Brahma uniform again this year! Best of luck to the boys and hopefully they will be rewarded for all of their hard work over the years. Baseball is a grind, but I sure love watching my boy play and working with him when he asks!

Comment

Mine’s a sophomore at Red Oak. Plays 3rd, OF, and pitches. Came home today and said coach pulled him aside and told him they were going to be down a catcher and they wanted to take a look at him. He’s never played catcher in his life! He told the coach if they needed him, he’d figure it out. Good luck to all the players trying out and hope Covid stays away for everyone!

Comment

Hoping for a great season for all the players. Hoping their season isn't canceled this spring.

Disappointing how much of a drop off there is playing for a HS team vs summer teams. Seems like most of the HS coaches are history teachers who coach vs being great coaches. There's a gap in coaches knowing how much more ready most of these kids are.

It's painful to watch a kid with upper 90s exit velo sac bunt 14 ABs in a row to move a runner from 1st to 2B with no outs and the hitter and base runner are sub 7 sixty guys. It's just dumb, but that's HS baseball.
                            Last edited by gspbrad; 01-23-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Well day two in the books. My son pitched to 4 batters struck out 3 and fielded a line drive back at him for the out. He also went 2-2 and hit by pitch played 1st and 3rd did very well playing with the varsity boys. I guess we will know by Monday if he makes a team. Good luck to your boys next week and hope they make the team.

Comment

My youngest is a freshman for Abilene. Had tryouts today. Said it went very good. (They didn’t allow any parents in to observe). Only fielding 3 teams this year.... 1 varsity and 2 JV. Seems pretty low for a 6A. But they know what they are doing. There were 30+ just freshman there at tryouts.

We will know if he makes a team on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X