Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
    Well maybe not nasty but I know how some of you are blinded by false truths.
    So tell me why beans are not to be served in a bowl of chili and lease dont quote Ken Finley. Go.......

And yes this is slow night with a nice dirty martini keeping me company.

Because some ol burnout potheads setting around in the desert one time, up and decided to makes some rules to screw with those weak minded enough to buy into them.

They also state that “chunks”, ie peppers/onions/tomatos/etc, are not allowed....but no one likes to talk about that as much as the frijoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

like not getting cheese on a burger....kidney beans for the win

Comment

I enjoy a good classic “Texas Chili contest” chili but I also like it with beans. I guess to some that makes me an apostate but it’s not a religion to me

Comment

So far this haven’t heard of any real proof that beans are not inherit to chili.
          Where are all those so called purists.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
            When you have meat and vegetables in a broth it’s soup or stew. Just meat you have chili

So onions, garlic and jalapenos makes chili a soup?

Besides beans are a starch...
            Last edited by Smart; 01-21-2021, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              When you have meat and vegetables in a broth it’s soup or stew. Just meat you have chili
              Call it what y'all want but please don't call us late for supper!

Comment

But if yer gonna drink vodka and call it a martini, no one is gonna give your chili much thought...[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Because some ol burnout potheads setting around in the desert one time, up and decided to makes some rules to screw with those weak minded enough to buy into them.

They also state that “chunks”, ie peppers/onions/tomatos/etc, are not allowed....but no one likes to talk about that as much as the frijoles.

LMMFAO at ol burnout potheads!!

Comment

My momma was born and raised in Edcouch Texas, and she puts beans in when she cooks chili...so all opinions to the contrary are null and void.

Comment

My momma was born and raised in Edcouch Texas, and she puts beans in when she cooks chili...so all opinions to the contrary are null and void.

I'm surprised there weren't beans in my cereal...seems 'foreign' to cook without.

Comment

But if yer gonna drink vodka and call it a martini, no one is gonna give your chili much thought...[emoji23]

Moser, let’s have that conversation later. Keep to the script young man.

Comment

Beans all the way. Every other chili is blah.

Comment

Real chili is a roux with meat in it. The question do you like beans in your chili is like asking do you like chili on your hamburger. It is a hamburger with chili on it. That should stir things up! Hahaha ��

Comment

I for one hate beans in chili. Wife loves kidney beans in it when she cooks it. I pick the dam beans out. But I will cook a pot of red beans (pinto beans for y’all city folk lol) and combine the two.

Beans have no place in chili because Jesus said so. And this is Texas.

Comment

My wife likes beans in the chili so I oblige her. She always regrets it a few hours after dinner and into the next morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X