No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This virus is no joke, my wife, dad, mom and mother in law all have it right now. My mom and dad tested positive on Christmas Eve with symptoms starting 3 days prior. My dad had to be put in the hospital on the 28th because his o2 sat dropped dangerously low and has double pneumonia. He’s been in there a little over a week and has received 2 plasma antibody treatments. The weird part is that he says other than having the low o2, he feels fine. We are praying that they will be able to start weening him off the o2 in the coming days.
    My mom hasn’t had much issue with it, just fatigue. My mother in-law is having a rough time but also isn’t doing what she is suppose to as far as medicine is concerned...I’m going to get tested today to see if I have it. I have been on a strict regiment of vitamin c, d3, b complex, zinc, and quinine for the past month or so. I’ve had a lot of sinus pressure, mild headache and slight fatigue as well.

Comment

Wife and I are on day 9 since testing positive. I’m almost back to 100% except for my taste and smell. Wife has episodes of dizziness and racing pulse. Neither of us ever had a fever. The supplements (C, D3 & zinc) seemed to have helped us keep the symptoms light. Doctor also believes that our weekly cardio workouts helped us as well. Stay safe folks!

Comment

Of all places I started feeling ill at the deer lease after thanksgiving. Drove 5 hours to wake up Saturday morning feeling like I was hit by a truck. Ended up sleeping in and not hunting. Found the strength to fill feeders (30 bags of corn) and then drove home. My symptoms lasted about 10 days and then went away. Feeling back to normal!

Stay safe and healthy!

Comment

I had it over Christmas Break as did my wife and two kids ages 20 and 16. We know exactly where and when we got it as well. Got it from a neighbor who came to our house. So we have a pretty good timeline on how it progressed.

Our experience went like this...

Day 0- exposure for 2 hours in the afternoon. My wife and I both were exposed.
          Day 1, 2 and 3, nothing. I started having "allergies". Stuffy nose and sneezing.
          Day 4 and 5 we were both very tired. Came home from work worn out for no reason. My allergies were kicking. I was stuffy and snotty and sneezy. I think my kids contracted it from us on day 4-5. They were about 4 days behind my wife and I.
          Day 6 I felt a little less tired, still had the allergy stuff going.
          Day 7, 8 and 9 we felt good. I felt super good. I still had the sneezing and stuffy nose. My wife had nothing up until then. Day 8-9 we lost our sense of smell and taste. Day 9 my wife and daughter went and got tested and both tested positive. My son ran a fever in the evenings for a couple of days and my daughter started to feel flu-like symptoms. That was like day 5 for the kids. Our family doctor already had us all on vitamins and zinc for the last several months and he prescribed us ivermectin. We had a little trouble getting the ivermectin.
          Day 10 we started taking Ivermectin pills.
          Day 11-14 I had the allergy symptoms still going strong. I felt good some of the time and I would get up and go do stuff but would get a little winded easily and then would be very sore and tired the next day. I was determined to stay active and keep moving and doing. I think that was about the end of it for me really. About Day 15 my allergy-like symptoms went away. My wife never really had any symptoms other than loss of smell and taste and being tired.
          Day 16 I went to deer camp for a week and all was well. Still have a little dry cough from time to time but it is pretty minor. When I breathe deep I have like a tickle in my upper chest/lower throat area that makes me cough but it gets better every day. Still have a slight tickle and occasional dry cough today which is like Day 24. My taste and smell seemed to start coming back about Day 18.

My wife had it the easiest of us. She just was tired and lost smell and taste. My son and I ran a low fever two evenings and lost smell and taste. I had a runny, stuffy, sneezy thing going on the whole time. My daughter was full on flu-like. She had fever, nausea, was tired and cranky, etc. She lost smell and taste but it came right back. We all were already on vitamins b,c,d and zinc. Took the doses of ivermectin and then tylenol for aches, etc.

I don't know how much that helps but since I know exactly when and who we got it from that is a pretty accurate timeline on how it went for us. I know a whole bunch of people who are popping up positive who had the exact same allergy-like symptoms as me. Snuffy, runny, sneezy allergy-like symptoms. Nothing that would even alarm you any other year. In fact I keep hearing "Oh, I just have some allergies" followed 3 or 4 days later by "Well, I got the Rona, lost my smell and got tested and was positive." I have heard it over and over and over again. No telling how many people I know who are or have been positive since Thanksgiving.

Also, I was around a bunch of people before we figured out we had it and we let everyone we were in contact with know. As far as I know not one person contracted it from us. My nephew and his wife are now positive but the timeline doesn't match up for them to have gotten it from us. I think that is pretty interesting too. It must be harder to pass on than you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            I had it over Christmas Break as did my wife and two kids ages 20 and 16. We know exactly where and when we got it as well. Got it from a neighbor who came to our house. So we have a pretty good timeline on how it progressed.

Our experience went like this...

Day 0- exposure for 2 hours in the afternoon. My wife and I both were exposed.
            Day 1, 2 and 3, nothing. I started having "allergies". Stuffy nose and sneezing.
            Day 4 and 5 we were both very tired. Came home from work worn out for no reason. My allergies were kicking. I was stuffy and snotty and sneezy. I think my kids contracted it from us on day 4-5. They were about 4 days behind my wife and I.
            Day 6 I felt a little less tired, still had the allergy stuff going.
            Day 7, 8 and 9 we felt good. I felt super good. I still had the sneezing and stuffy nose. My wife had nothing up until then. Day 8-9 we lost our sense of smell and taste. Day 9 my wife and daughter went and got tested and both tested positive. My son ran a fever in the evenings for a couple of days and my daughter started to feel flu-like symptoms. That was like day 5 for the kids. Our family doctor already had us all on vitamins and zinc for the last several months and he prescribed us ivermectin. We had a little trouble getting the ivermectin.
            Day 10 we started taking Ivermectin pills.
            Day 11-14 I had the allergy symptoms still going strong. I felt good some of the time and I would get up and go do stuff but would get a little winded easily and then would be very sore and tired the next day. I was determined to stay active and keep moving and doing. I think that was about the end of it for me really. About Day 15 my allergy-like symptoms went away. My wife never really had any symptoms other than loss of smell and taste and being tired.
            Day 16 I went to deer camp for a week and all was well. Still have a little dry cough from time to time but it is pretty minor. When I breathe deep I have like a tickle in my upper chest/lower throat area that makes me cough but it gets better every day. Still have a slight tickle and occasional dry cough today which is like Day 24. My taste and smell seemed to start coming back about Day 18.

My wife had it the easiest of us. She just was tired and lost smell and taste. My son and I ran a low fever two evenings and lost smell and taste. I had a runny, stuffy, sneezy thing going on the whole time. My daughter was full on flu-like. She had fever, nausea, was tired and cranky, etc. She lost smell and taste but it came right back. We all were already on vitamins b,c,d and zinc. Took the doses of ivermectin and then tylenol for aches, etc.

I don't know how much that helps but since I know exactly when and who we got it from that is a pretty accurate timeline on how it went for us. I know a whole bunch of people who are popping up positive who had the exact same allergy-like symptoms as me. Snuffy, runny, sneezy allergy-like symptoms. Nothing that would even alarm you any other year. In fact I keep hearing "Oh, I just have some allergies" followed 3 or 4 days later by "Well, I got the Rona, lost my smell and got tested and was positive." I have heard it over and over and over again. No telling how many people I know who are or have been positive since Thanksgiving.

Also, I was around a bunch of people before we figured out we had it and we let everyone we were in contact with know. As far as I know not one person contracted it from us. My nephew and his wife are now positive but the timeline doesn't match up for them to have gotten it from us. I think that is pretty interesting too. It must be harder to pass on than you'd think.
            This allergy like symptoms, mirrors my FIL and BIL whom were at our house Christmas Day. FIL decided to headed out West to the lake house the following Sunday, but ended up coming back home because he wasn't feeling great. Lost taste and smell on Monday and received a positive test result on Wednesday.

So far, it has been in our home, twice. This instance and a few weeks before Thanksgiving when my daughter had it.

To date, Myself, wife, and son have not had symptoms or a positive test. I hope it stays that way.

Comment

Had it in December. Mild except for loss of smell and taste for 4 days . But the fatigue is still lingering. Sleep a lot

Comment

Add me to the COVID club..

How long did it take y'all to get a negative test?

Comment

Add me and my family to the ranks. We all thought we had cedar allergies right after Christmas, until my stepson tested positive. None of us had any fever, just light body aches, cough, headache, and fatigue. Everyone is feeling better, just lingering coughs and still pretty tired. Had to get out of the house yesterday and went to the lease for an evening hunt. Walked about 1/2 a mile and it wore me out. Gonna take a while to build my stamina back to where it was.

Comment

I'm about 2 weeks post and finally feel like I'm getting my energy back. That stuff was no fun for about a week!!

Comment

Well, it finally happened, I tested positive. My wife tested positive one week ago today. I tested last Tuesday but was negative. She and I were exposed at the same time, so i may have been positive since late last week. I’ve had symptoms for a while, stuffy head, sinus headache on and off, drainage, mild congestion...

Comment

I got it Friday and it ain’t no joke, had me on floor hugging the toilet and now my littlest has it, hope it passes quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory.Shumate View Post

Am I misunderstanding these ph values? When I was in school the ph scale only went up to 14.
                          pH scale does max out at 14

Comment

Who’s had Covid?

I tested positive on last Friday. Weekend was rough, but my main symptoms are fatigue and a slight cough. (No fever). Felt better today so hoping things will keep improving. My wife (who is an MD) has me monitoring my temp and oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter. Taking a bunch of supplements from my doctor. Going to talk to him to tomorrow. Got my test at a walk in clinic. So far I’m the only one in the house with symptoms. My wife has is separated into 3 areas. I have no idea where I picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
                              Add me to the COVID club..

How long did it take y'all to get a negative test?
                              Received a negative test day 5 and 7 of symptoms.

Comment

Wife and I are down with it now. I started having symptoms Thursday after exposure Monday. Wife’s symptoms started yesterday. Took a test Wednesday and Friday. Both negative. Knew I had it by Friday. Test today was positive. Loss of taste is a weird sensation.

Comment

Working...
                                X