HyBrow Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HyBrow Down

I had an old deer at home that I have many years of history on. He was a regular at one of my sets but at about 5 years old he became impossible to see. Tens of thousands of pics but almost exclusively at night. The only in person sightings were mid summer.

Last week I started getting a few good day pics of of him at the corn pen he spent every night in and I told my friends he was tempting fate. He had bachelor grouped with two other bucks that normally lived half a mile away on one of my other sanctuaries with food plots.

He is 9 this year and down hill some from last year so we really needed to get it done. Dad and I made a couple sites for him but he dropped off camera. I had a friend CR down to hunt and I told him we would sit the food plots. I had never had a pic of that deer over there but I figured if those bucks moved to greener pastures that only left one spot!

We set up in an old box stand that has not even been cleaned out this year but wind perfect looking at two big food plots. About 430 bucks started rolling out of my sanctuary. Nice young deer and a mature broke up buck.

My friend could see back to my right and I told him to watch the corner back there. At 520 he said there was a deer coming in. I leaned over and looked... first one was a buck from HyBrows group. Then the second one walked in and my hopes soared.

Ol HyBrow walked out and started ripping up greens. I was amazed. First time to lay eyes on a deer that I had seen so many pics of in 4 years. I told CR to shoot that deer now. He did. HyBrow was down at 9 years old. Perfect shot at 140yds from his 270.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GarGuy; 12-20-2020, 10:20 AM.

Very nice

Comment

Congrats to CR and you

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Congrats to your buddy! Nothing like having history with bucks!

Comment

I posted the same pic twice. Man I'm struggling with this phone
              Attached Files

Comment

Great deer! Congrats to y’all!

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember this deer from a few years ago. Can you repost some of the old pics from when he was bigger? He was pretty wide back then if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      I remember this deer from a few years ago. Can you repost some of the old pics from when he was bigger? He was pretty wide back then if I remember right.
                      Exactly what I was gonna say.

For sure he was wider. Heck of a deer Steve

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I'll get some of them up later today. He was still 17 inside. I did a poor job of pics with CR leaning forward on the deer.

Comment

What a beauty! Congrats!!

Comment

Awesome, glad you all got him. Sounds like one of those cagey East Texas Bucks.

Comment

Here is some history. I called him 9 in my op but he is at least 10. Probably 11. My last computer died in 15 and he was a nice deer. I had him at 6 then with several years of history. He got sick in december and almost died. He looked like crap in 16. Here he is. Note the arthritis already in his knees
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X