No announcement yet.

Ammo Storage & Organiztion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest anyone who reloads shotgun ammunition to store it in air tight containers particularly for extended times. The reloaded shell is not as moisture proof as the factory round therefore the lead will often times oxidize if not protected. The same goes for lead shot in bags, it needs to be stored in an air tight container as well. Any exposed lead tip bullet will oxidize if not protected as well. Just my $.02.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      Why would someone want so much ammo they have to worry about storing it?
      Says the guy who doesn't shoot or keeping up with ammo prices which have gone up 100%+++ pre covid...weird question.

Comment

In a metal locked tool box in the garage. Never had a problem in 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
          In a metal locked tool box in the garage. Never had a problem in 15 years
          Do you rotate it out regularly or does some of it stay in there for years with no issues?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I kept all of mine in my boat until a recent accident.....

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
              Do you rotate it out regularly or does some of it stay in there for years with no issues?

Unless it is a humid/wet climate, or they get flooded, it shouldnt be an issue. If the casing gets pitted or the bullet gets loose, thats when you discard. Discoloration isnt an issue.

Comment

On pallets in a 40 foot climate controlled underground storage container buried somewhere in the woods. I should probably admit I’m joking so Biden’s storm troopers won’t come pay me a visit come 1st quarter 2021

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  On pallets in a 40 foot climate controlled underground storage container buried somewhere in the woods. I should probably admit I’m joking so Biden’s storm troopers won’t come pay me a visit come 1st quarter 2021
                  Theyll be there “just in case”

Comment

We just bought a bunch of plastic ammo cans and my wife is going to put Vinland stickers with the caliber on each can that we fill it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a separate safe just for ammo

Comment

Why would someone want so much ammo they have to worry about storing it?
                        I was joking around with my statement, it wasn’t a serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
                          Ive been keeping mine in the boxes inside of 50 cal ammo cans labeled by caliber but have been wondering if it might be better to put them loose in ziplock bags with a dessicant pack in each bag and label the brand, weight, and date. Wasnt sure if I might create more room as I have more ammo than cans at the moment.

You’ll gain more room if it’s loose packed but I find if I only have a handful of boxes of X caliber it’s nicer to leave it in the box than pack it loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was joking around with my statement, it wasn’t a serious question.
                            Uh huh...

Comment

Factory boxes in plastic ammo cans.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                                Uh huh...
                                Yep just to clarify. And I sold my last couple of .22s and donated the funds to the BLM movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X