Tracy’s Conch Co. Buck and her story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracy’s Conch Co. Buck and her story

On 10-12 my wife Tracy killed a heck of a buck off our place in Concho Co. I told her to do a write up on it and I would post it for her on TBH. Well here it is.....have any of y’all heard of “inside a woman’s head”? Here is a short piece of what goes on in Tracy’s head in the bow stand. In her words.

“I am so glad it’s not 95 degrees today how enjoyable. Since it’s not to hot it would be nice to shoot a doe or management buck.”

“It’s 6 pm 9 deer are in view...yeah me! I should shoot that big doe. Rex (husband) always says if you don’t take advantage of an opportunity when presented you may not get another. But I hate to shoot so early with the deer moving so well I think I should wait and see what else comes in.”

“6:30 Really, where did all the deer go? Dang it I knew I should’ve taken a shot when I had the opportunity, Rex was right. Oh wait, there’s a little buck, where did all the doe go? If A doe walks out I am taking the shot this time for sure. There’s one but she’s acting funny maybe there’s a big buck coming in also? Well darn she just walked off without me taking a shot, maybe I’m too indecisive to be a bow hunter. Hmm....zero deer, oh well I’m still having a great hunt. Wait where did he come from? What a nice eight point he’ll be a great deer in a year or two. I’m glad I didn’t shoot earlier and got to see him. What is he looking at? Oh geez look at the way that Buck is walking in, he’s acting like he owns the place. He’s a good deer, I need to shoot this buck! Oh no, why are you leaving? As Rex says I better take the shot, how in the world did I just completely miss? I don’t think he even knows he was shot at, maybe if I use the remote for the feeder he’ll come back. Really keep dreaming big deer aren’t that stupid he won’t be back, oh wait there he is, yay me! I’m taking the shot as soon as it turns broadside, breath Tracy, keep your grip open. Wow it looked like a great shot, I am so excited, I can’t wait to tell Rex!

Well it was a great shot and the buck went all of about 40 yards and piled up.

His 10pt rack ended up scoring 147 4/8”. Not her best bow whitetail but a great deer and one that I know she will cherish the memory of for many years.

Congratulations Tracy on a great buck!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by red-fin; 10-21-2019, 08:59 PM.

Dang nice Buck

Love the write up
    Last edited by low_tec; 10-21-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Wow! Super nice buck...

Comment

Good one!

Comment

Man that’s a nice one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toad!

Comment

Very nice ! Congrats to Tracy !

Comment

Impressive buck!
                I enjoyed the 4th person perspective.

Comment

Giant 1's, really cool write up from her point of view!

Comment

Congrats again to Tracy. She got a good one!!!

I really like those brows.

Comment

I really enjoyed the write up.
                      Great buck Ms Tracy.

Rwc

Comment

Great deer and story

Comment

Great buck, congrats.

Comment

Congratulations to Tracy on getting a nice buck!

Comment

Atta girl nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X