Longest kill shot with a bow/crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest kill shot with a bow/crossbow

This thread is not about the ethics of long shots if you don't like them etc., start a different thread about that.

This thread is about listing your furthest shots with a bow/crossbow and any info you want to give with it. I was talking to a guy the other day and he had several bow killed elk on the wall and he was telling me, "this one was killed at 6 yards that one at 8, that one at 85!!," which i thought was interesting and where the idea for this thread came from.

My longest kill was a WT doe with a compound at 35 yards, so not too far. I don't think i would have any issue shooting an elk to 50 or so if conditions were right

So, what is your longest bow/crossbow kill shot?

32 yards with a compound on a doe. I feel comfortable out to 40 just never had a good opportunity at that distance

Comment

14 and 12 yards.
      Im only comfy to 20 so thats what I got.
      Dont think thats gonna break any records.

Comment

Comment

38 yards on a doe but usually prior to my elk hunts when Im focused on shooting I can put it within an 18 inch circle all the way out to 100.

Comment

40 yards on a coyote and 35 on a gobbler.

Comment

19 yds. But I’m pretty comfortable out to 20, just haven’t had the opportunity

Comment

63yds on a coyote, 42yds on a buck.

Comment

43yds on Avatar buck

Comment

50 on a javelina 42 on a doe

Comment

50 yard pin 6inches over a bucks back don’t really know yardage but killed him graveyard dead!

Comment

83 Yards caribou shot it right in the next, the shot before that was at 52 the arrow hit him sideways.

Comment

34 on a bobcat in my backyard.

Comment

12 on a buck and about 42 on a pig

Comment

IBTL

30ish maybe? Doe actually dropped into the shot, otherwise would have missed low. Too much can happen between the arrow being released and the arrow finding its mark on live animals past 30. Western hunting for elk, I understand the need to shoot at further distances. You’ve got a bigger area to target as far as vitals are concerned but it still doesn’t sit well with me when an arrow is in the air so long prior to hitting the intended target. The whole point of bowhunting is being close to the animal. Stick to 3D/stationary targets if you want to push the envelope.
                              Last edited by TwoHighways; 10-19-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X