Stupid cows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid cows...

Got a call from the guy that leases our land for cattle yesterday. "Mr.Chef, I think my cattle have gotten into your feeder".... geezzz that's just my luck. I'll swing by today on my way south. Thank you Mr. Cattle guy....

Garage sale!!! Everything is trashed. Back to the drawing board.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to blame the cows.

Comment

Sucks man.. but, cows are easier to keep out of your feeder than pigs are. Pigs need entire, sturdy feed pens. You can deter cows with 4 t posts and 2 strands of wire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happened to me once also, I had the entire destruction on game cam.

Comment

A good feeder staked down with t-post and I’ve never had a problem. I don’t care for feed pens and never had any problems with cows without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never had a problem with cows, but my feeders are sturdy winch up or stand and fill.

Comment

Where's the cattle panels or fence to keep them OUT and away from feeder.And agree with all above...

Comment

This was a new setup and location. The same feeder sat 200 yards from this spot for 8 years with no problem. I havent had an opportunity to look at the camera footage yet. I can only assume that the cows knocked it over then the pigs destroyed everything. Guess it was time to replace everything anyway.

Comment

Thats frustrating and can put a damper on the hunting season. If you have not had issues in the past while hunting with cows I would recommend not putting up panels or a feed pen at this point in the game. However, Wire and posts might not be a bad idea. I might just use t-posts by each leg and secure them to it for this season. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    This was a new setup and location. The same feeder sat 200 yards from this spot for 8 years with no problem. I havent had an opportunity to look at the camera footage yet. I can only assume that the cows knocked it over then the pigs destroyed everything. Guess it was time to replace everything anyway.
                    My best advice on replacing is with a stand and fill. The older I get the more I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      My best advice on replacing is with a stand and fill. The older I get the more I like them.
                      This!

Comment

Looks like your out about $100 including corn

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          This!
                          This. Big time.

Comment

This year I have fencing all around my feeders and camp. No more destruction and eating every electrical cord/wire around.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                              Sucks man.. but, cows are easier to keep out of your feeder than pigs are. Pigs need entire, sturdy feed pens. You can deter cows with 4 t posts and 2 strands of wire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Not of your land owner says no pens. Don't know why but it's his land so......

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X