Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor cranks up his siren calling his cows everyday . Deer don't even pick their heads up to look. You should be happy if someone is messing around on THEIR land or lease if it bothers deer. Should run them over your way.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      My neighbor cranks up his siren calling his cows everyday . Deer don't even pick their heads up to look. You should be happy if someone is messing around on THEIR land or lease if it bothers deer. Should run them over your way.
      ^^^ This!

my buddy moves his stuff mid Rut!

that's ok...send them my way.

Comment

I'll be one of those guys opening weekend for rifles. But mine will be a spare blind. Already have a couple setups for bow and one for rifle. Don't even have a spot picked out yet for the new blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I hung this blind October 5th. I took these pics from it on the 11th. This 11 pt begged me to put an arrow through him for an hour. Had another 10pt and 2 doe within 8 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Obvious photshop.

Comment

Well if you see them setting up their blinds after August on your lease, report them to your lease master. They are breaking one of your lease rules. If they are on other property that you have no say so on, don’t worry about it. None of your business.

Comment

What about guys who have seasonal only leases and can’t access their leases until September 1 or something like that? There’s always circumstances out there you may not be aware of.

We commonly mow, trim limbs and move the occasional stand during season. We usually see deer at that same area on the same day.

Comment

This thread out to get real good by about 9 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  This thread out to get real good by about 9 tonight.
                  Why wait

I'm going to surmise OP isn't very good at deer hunting and it's all y'alls fault he's not seeing deer

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    Why wait

I'm going to surmise OP isn't very good at deer hunting and it's all y'alls fault he's not seeing deer

I’m going with under 25 and has the world figured out.

Comment

I'm with you on this gemlem I think it a bunch of bull crap. I think everyone should have there stuff done at least a month before season. Just a bunch of fat lazy bastages screwing up our season.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

You're obviously hunting too close to a fence or another person's setup if you think that bothers the deer in your area...

Have killed plenty of deer while running chainsaws, tractors, and other equipment. It really doesn't bother them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemlin View Post
                          You know if someone starts operating a chainsaw on their side of the fense on opening morning of rifle season, most people would scream hunter harrassment. Yet when you basically do the same thing to bow hunters, you shout stupid rules, deal with it, what happens on their property is none of your concern, etc....

What if neighbor next door wants to celebrate life with an air horn? Don't you respect their rights? Kind of a bunch of hypocrites posting that have no respect for others. Just because you dont bow hunt doesnt mean others dont. Likewise perhaps your neighbor doesnt hunt but likes blowing an airhorn every morning, but if it happens to you, youd be the first to rant.

My guess is most of you wouldnt mow your yards at 2am while your neighbors are sleeping. Maybe I could be wrong and you just dont respect anyone but yourselves.

We sometimes dove hunt on a tank 25-300 yds from a bowhunter on the property next to us. Does the shotgun noise bother him? Probably, but is his deer hunting more important than my dove hunting? It happens.

Comment

You wouldn't like me.

I'm going to take advantage of the cold weather this weekend while my son is bow hunting on another part of the property, to cut up and split a bunch of fire and bbq wood from a big post oak that fell over last March.

The last time we cut wood and split it in the timber three doe and a little 4 point watched us from about 150 yards. It really doesn't bother them, they've heard the noise before.

Comment

We finished putting up a feeder about 4:30 one afternoon in September. The first deer on camera was 6:30, and the feeder didn’t go off for a another 10 days. Hundred pics or so, bucks and does.

Comment

Setting Up Blinds and Feeders..... (small rant)

I set this up two Saturday’s ago at 4:00, cutting limbs with a gas pole saw and jumped in the stand at around 4:30 soaking wet.

Comment

Working...
                                X