Colorado Success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Success!!!

It all started about 5 years ago my Uncle started asking me to go hunt with him on his annual Colorado Public Land hunt and for the last 4 years work and life got in the way, but this year I managed to get the time off. I started out Thursday, me and another gentleman from the group rode up there together and drove straight through, we got there Friday in the middle of the day. My uncle and another gentleman have been here since Tuesday so we settled in and me and my uncle went and looked at a few spot that evening. Saturday morning rolls around and we get up and in our spots about an hour and 20 before daylight so I settle in and can’t believe how quiet it is up here. Daylight starts breaking and I hear some crunching in front of me and I figure it’s hunters but it’s a spike bull about 300 yds and he’s looking my way, I can’t believe he sees me but I found out real quick he was looking at a cow in between me and him. Know the spike wasn’t legal I ease my gun towards the cow and be still. She finally starts to walk away and right behind her another cow, another and a another next thing I see is antlers!!!! I steady up and he walks out giving me a small window, I see he’s legal and I shoot!!!! He just walks a few steps and turns, I start freaking out thinking I miss and reload stand on a rock that gives me a better shot angle and shoot!!! I know I hit him that time and he falls down. I couldn’t believe, 30 minutes into opening morning I had a bull elk!!!! Once we got back to camp I realized that the other two gentlemen have not shot one and they have been coming here for 7 years now. I am definitely blessed to have been at the right spot at the right time. I have a Muley Buck tag and 8 days left. If we get anything else I’ll update post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's awesome! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that's awesome...congrats.
      Nothin better than being in those mountain

Comment

Nice. Congratulations on the elk .. I can't wait to get back out there next year...

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your bull !
            Good luck on your buck now .

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice bull

Comment

Beginner's luck! Send some my way. Congrats on a nice bull

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Well good gosh that's great. I'd say that shot in the shoulder went right where it needed.

What is your gun, scope, caliber, bullet setup?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                        Well good gosh that's great. I'd say that shot in the shoulder went right where it needed.

What is your gun, scope, caliber, bullet setup?
                        6.5x300 Weatherby Magnum
                        Weatherby Accumark
                        Vortex 6x20x50

Comment

congrats on a nice bull I wanna go chase them so bad!

Comment

Congrats. You will now be ruined for hunting in Texas forever

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X