• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched his shows for years, great guy

Comment

The man is never short on enthusiasm.

Comment

I am thinking he came down with some illness a few years ago, did not look too good at the time, he came back strong, maybe it was another hunter but fairly sure it was Roger.

Comment

Yes he was very ill, almost died, meet in person, great guy.

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

He’s pushing his new diet info lately

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
              100 bucks over 140 from 2013 is amazing!!
              Read it again. It says as of 2013 not since.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                I am thinking he came down with some illness a few years ago, did not look too good at the time, he came back strong, maybe it was another hunter but fairly sure it was Roger.
                he was in a real bad boat accident....https://outdoorswithothmarvohringer....aglin-and.html
                Last edited by waterdog; 10-16-2019, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  He’s pushing his new diet info lately
                  Sounds like atkins or keto. Low carb, no sugar.. don’t know his position on fat intake but it’s one or the other.

Comment

Didn't know all the facts of his hunting prowess, but always like to watch his show.

Comment

I knew most of that. Saw a show about him a while back that had some of that info.

Comment

I don't revere hunting personalities. None of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Good thing no one here is saying anything remotely close to that

I wasn’t aware of all that was written in that article...I will say that anyone who can tickle the ivory like that, I admire

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Did anyone say anything about revering him? The point is how many people knew about the various degrees and musical talents he had acquired over the years.

Comment

Ill say this about him. He started out killing these east Texas Dcnf deer with a bow. Very few folks attempted it back then. He would camp out for a solid month and bow hunt. We probably ruined many a hunt for him squirrel hunting.

Comment

He has a neat video about when he got started. He would work all week(painting houses) Then leave on Friday after work, go to another state, hunt Saturday and Sunday, and be back at work on Monday. He also talked about hunting where there aren't big deer and how dumb it was to expect to kill one there. If you want to kill a big buck you have to go where they are and be willing to make the sacrifice. (Time, money, travel, etc) I used to work in a video store when I was in high school. When videos went out I got to keep all the ones I wanted. Got about twenty of his. Still watch them sometimes. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X